Home Forums Software InstaDMG Patcher for the Office 2011 Installer

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    dead2sin
    Participant

I bet the patcher for communicator is more similar to the Office installer then the office patches.

I’ll download it and take a look.

Nate

dead2sin
    Participant

See if this works for you:

Version 0.4

[url]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11466/InstaDMG%20PatchOfficeUpdate%200.4.dmg[/url]

Its very similar to the other updates, just required one edit to the .dist file.

Let me know if that works or not. I don’t have time to do a test build with it atm.

Nate

bw38
    Participant

I’ll test tonight, but I just wanted to confirm, the latest patcher is only meant for Updates, correct? Or is it meant for the Office Installer as well?

dead2sin
    Participant

[QUOTE][u]Quote by: bw38[/u][p]I’ll test tonight, but I just wanted to confirm, the latest patcher is only meant for Updates, correct? Or is it meant for the Office Installer as well?[/p][/QUOTE]

There are two patchers. One is for the Office 2011 installer and one is for Office updates. If I decide to be ambitious one day, perhaps I’ll combine them.

Nate

bw38
    Participant

It didn’t work. Would you be able to tell me what is it that the patcher is supposed to modify?

dead2sin
    Participant

[QUOTE][u]Quote by: bw38[/u][p]It didn’t work. Would you be able to tell me what is it that the patcher is supposed to modify?[/p][/QUOTE]

You want to make the Install Checks return true. There are two similar to volumeOs1058OrHigher that need to return true;]. Add this at the top of the function:

[code]
    return true;
    [/code]

Nate

bw38
    Participant

[QUOTE][u]Quote by: dead2sin[/u][p][QUOTE][u]Quote by: bw38[/u][p]It didn’t work. Would you be able to tell me what is it that the patcher is supposed to modify?[/p][/QUOTE]

You want to make the Install Checks return true. There are two similar to volumeOs1058OrHigher that need to return true;]. Add this at the top of the function:

[code]
    return true;
    [/code]

Nate[/p][/QUOTE]
    What exactly are the Install Checks? I’ve never delved too deep into packages before outside of creating them. I’m not sure how Install Checks work. Is it a specific file that contains the “volumeOs1058OrHigher” line?

dead2sin
    Participant

[QUOTE][u]Quote by: bw38[/u][p][QUOTE][u]Quote by: dead2sin[/u][p][QUOTE][u]Quote by: bw38[/u][p]It didn’t work. Would you be able to tell me what is it that the patcher is supposed to modify?[/p][/QUOTE]

[code]
    return true;
    [/code]

Nate[/p][/QUOTE]
    What exactly are the Install Checks? I’ve never delved too deep into packages before outside of creating them. I’m not sure how Install Checks work. Is it a specific file that contains the “volumeOs1058OrHigher” line?[/p][/QUOTE]

Ah, sorry. Right click the .mpkg, show package contents. Then, open the dist file in a text editor. If you look around in there, you’ll see something that looks like volumeOs1058OrHigher. Put return true; at the first line of that function.

Nate

bw38
    Participant

I checked and confirmed. Did as you said but Communicator is still broken. I just checked now and noticed that Office applying patch 14.0.1 also breaks Communicator. I think for the time being I might just install Office 2011 without any updates.

I wonder why Communicator is being broken here. Is anyone else having this problem?

bw38
    Participant

So I just tested without applying any updates.
    And it looks like the Office installer is the culprit. Communicator is still not opening up.
    I applied the changes in the original post manually without using the droplet.

Can you confirm, in Office Installer.mpkg, do I need to all look out for the volumeOs1058OrHigher() and put return true; at the first line of that function?

Or would it have anything to do with the volume_update located in the update packages: /Contents/Resources/volume_update ?
    I’m pulling at straws here. I’m not really sure what could be causing this.

bw38
    Participant

So I keep searching with the limited ability I have for anything odd. I don’t know if this helps but I noticed that the preflight located in Office2011_en_licensing.pkg has a line that looks similar to the postflight line we had to comment out:

[code]#!/bin/sh

launchctl unload -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper.plist

exit 0[/code]

Now, if I’m not mistaken, in the postflight we had to use $3 so that InstaDMG targets the image, correct? And in the original post we also had to comment out that particular line. Would this preflight have anything to do with what I’m experiencing? Is anyone else experiencing this.

I wish I were better at this so I’m hoping one of you guys may be able to help. Unfortunately I can’t test during the weekend. 🙁

dead2sin
    Participant

The Office 2011 Installer Patcher fixed those paths. It makes licensing $3 as well as a few others.

Nate

bw38
    Participant

Could you upload the Office 2011 patcher again? I can’t seem to download it now. When I initially saw the post, I made the changes manually because I couldn’t get the Office patcher to work. But it sounds like you’re saying the patcher should have changed not just the postflight, but also the preflight as well and any other files containing direct paths so that it would target $3.

dead2sin
    Participant

[url]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11466/Patch%20Office%202011%20Installer/Version%203/PatchOffice2011Installer.dmg[/url]

That link should work. It worked for me when I tested it.

Nate

bw38
    Participant

Just wanted to confirm that the Office 2011 patcher did the trick. I guess applying it manually doesn’t get everything necessary. In any case, Communicator and all other Office apps open just fine now.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 120 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed