Home Forums Software InstaDMG Patcher for the Office 2011 Installer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    dead2sin
    Participant

The office 2011 Installer sets the permissions on its licensing LaunchDaemon by absolute path instead of target ($3), so when used with InstaDMG, the permissions don’t get set correctly and the Licensing Daemon fails to run.

[b]Note: This is for Volume Licensed Office 2011 only.[/b]

The fix is this:
    1. Right click on “Office Installer.mpkg” and select “Show Package Contents”
    2. Browse to Contents–>Packages.
    3. Right click on “Office2011_en_licensing.pkg” and select “Show Package Contents”
    4. Browse to Contents–>Resources–>postflight and open with your favorite test editor (Or use the droplet I’ve posted below).
    5. In the postflight, make it look like this by adding $3 before the paths and commenting out the launchctl command:

[code]#!/bin/sh

chown root:wheel “$3″/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper.plist
    chmod 644 “$3″/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper.plist
    chown root:wheel “$3″/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper
    chmod 755 “$3″/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper

#launchctl load -w “$3″/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper.plist

exit $?[/code]
    6. Make sure the postflight is still executable (chmod +x it if you are paranoid) and you should be ready to use it with InstaDMG.

I made a Droplet .app using Platypus that automates this process. Download it here: [url]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11466/PatchOffice2011Installer.dmg[/url]

Feel free to ask questions or if you have issues with the droplet, let me know.

Nate

dead2sin
    Participant

To clarify, with that droplet , just drop the Office Installer on it and it will do the rest 😀

Nate

bostonmacosx
    Participant

link is broken… :question:

dead2sin
    Participant

I just tested the link and asked several others to test it and it seems to be working. Perhaps an internet filter is getting in the way?

Nate

mosen
    Participant

Thanks for doing the research on the 2011 installer dead2sin, and pasting up the bash script 🙂

andyinindy
    Participant

Sweet, this works well for me.

One request for the author of the “PatchOfficeUpdate” script/droplet (mosen?); could you please update your script for Office 2011? I would like to include the 14.0.1 update in my build train, but it fails to install. Incidentally, I edited the existing patcher with the path to my Office 2011 installation as follows, but it did not allow the update to be installed in InstaDMG:

[code]
    #!/bin/sh

#
    # $1 – The update bundle folder
    #

DISTRIBUTION_FILE=”$1/Contents/distribution.dist”
    RESOURCES=”$1/Contents/Resources”

# Remove the volume check from the distribution script.
    sed ‘/function volumeOs1049OrHigher/a \
    return true;
    ‘ “$DISTRIBUTION_FILE” > “$DISTRIBUTION_FILE.tmp”

rm “$DISTRIBUTION_FILE”
    mv “$DISTRIBUTION_FILE.tmp” “$DISTRIBUTION_FILE”

# Delete find_office binary
    rm “$RESOURCES/find_office”

# Create dummy find_office script
    printf “#!/bin/sh\necho \”\$1/Applications/Microsoft Office 2011\”” > “$RESOURCES/find_office”
    chmod +x “$RESOURCES/find_office”
    [/code]

Otherwise, thanks!!

–Andy

dead2sin
    Participant

The function for check volume has a new name, so that code didn’t work with the new update. I’ve taken to Liberty of updating Mosen’s patcher. I’ll post it in a new thread.

Nate

dead2sin
    Participant

I updated this patcher to fix the communicator issue and the font issue (duplicated fonts).

Here is vesion 2:

[url]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11466/Patch%20Office%202011%20Installer/Version%202/PatchOffice2011Installer.dmg[/url]

If anyone experiences issues, feel free to let me know.

Nate

dead2sin
    Participant

Version 3 of this Patcher can be found here:

[url]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11466/Patch%20Office%202011%20Installer/Version%203/PatchOffice2011Installer.dmg[/url]

This version should patch all localizations instead of just EN.

Nate

mosen
    Participant

Thanks again Nate! 😀

bw38
    Participant

This patcher works with Update 14.0.2. Wish I could find a direct link to Communicator Update 13.1.0 to test that out as well. It seems it’s only available through Microsoft AutoUpdate.

dead2sin
    Participant

[QUOTE][u]Quote by: bw38[/u][p]This patcher works with Update 14.0.2. Wish I could find a direct link to Communicator Update 13.1.0 to test that out as well. It seems it’s only available through Microsoft AutoUpdate.[/p][/QUOTE]

That is driving me crazy too. If you figure out a good way of getting your hands on it, let me know.

Nate

andyinindy
    Participant

Here’s the download URL for Communicator 13.1.0:

[url]http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/6/2/6622B710-155F-4CB8-B625-6CA0421455DC/Communicator13.1_ALL.dmg[/url]

Yay, Wireshark!

bw38
    Participant

I was looking for a url sniffer. I’ll add that app to my arsenal!

Btw I also did a before and after snapshot which seems to do the trick as well. Only three files are really changed the Communicator.app and a .plist for AutoUpdate under /Library and /User/Library.

bw38
    Participant

Hmm, I ran the patcher on that installer and it did not work for me. IT says “Microsoft Communicator cannot find a valid license. Something is wrong with this copy of Microsoft Communicator. Please re-install with the original installer and then apply updates.” Very strange. Is anyone else getting this?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 120 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed