Home Forums Software InstaDMG Unable to find OS Installer disc in any provided folder

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    jafuller
    Participant

Rev 452

MacOS X Client 10.7 11A511.dmg is contained ./InstaDMG/InstallerFiles/InstallerDiscs/
    This DMG was built off of the installESD.dmg from the App Store via the Lion Installer App.

When I run ./instaUp2Date.py 10.7_vanilla –process I get the error Unable to find OS Installer disc in any provided folder.

What should I try to get this going?

dr_modean
    Participant

I’m running into the same problem.  I’ve tried rebooting, re-downloading the Lion installer app, re-checking out the InstaDMG svn, making sure that the build numbers are the same and still can’t get this to work.  I can build a Mountain Lion ASR using InstaDMG and the InstallESD.dmg but not Lion.

Here’s my error message:

Finding the Installer disc for 10.7_vanilla
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “./instaUp2Date.py”, line 716, in <module>
    main()
    File “./instaUp2Date.py”, line 678, in main
    foundInstallerDiscs = findInstallerDisc.findInstallerDisc(allowedBuilds=thisController.installerDiscBuilds)
    File “/Users/chase/InstaDMG/AddOns/InstaUp2Date/Resources/findInstallerDisc.py”, line 201, in findInstallerDisc
    raise commonExceptions.FileNotFoundException(‘Unable to find OS Installer disc in any provided folder: %s%s’ % (str(searchItems), folderString))
    Resources.commonExceptions.FileNotFoundException: Unable to find OS Installer disc in any provided folder: [‘/Users/chase/InstaDMG/InstallerFiles/InstallerDiscs’, ‘/Users/chase/InstaDMG/InstallerFiles/BaseOS’] ([‘.svn’, ‘InstallESD.dmg’], [‘.svn’])

dr_modean
    Participant

Never mind.  I found that the disk image was still in use somewhere else.  Now if I could only install 10.7 and 10.6 while running 10.8 THAT would be something…

(P.S. I know it can be done in a VM)

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed