Home Forums Software InstaDMG Unable to find OS Installer disc in any provided folder

This topic contains 17 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  dr_modean 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Giobbi
    Participant

Hi all.

I’ve been running instadmg for a while now. From build 435 i have hade “unknown” glitches, solvable ones but now i have no clue why it doesn’t work anymore. I have a clean OSX installation on my mini, 10.7.3 all latest updates, latest build of instadmg 446, two day old image InstallESD.dmg. When i do a test i get this:

./runAllTests.py –failfast
    ^CTraceback (most recent call last):
    File “./runAllTests.py”, line 22, in
    exec(“from ” + ‘.’.join(importPath + [os.path.splitext(thisFile)[0]])+ ” import *”)
    File ““, line 1, in
    File “/Users/xxxxxx/Desktop/instadmg-446/AddOns/InstaUp2Date/Resources/cacheController_test.py”, line 8, in

from cacheController import cacheController
    File “/Users/xxxxxx/Desktop/instadmg-446/AddOns/InstaUp2Date/Resources/cacheController.py”, line 3, in

import os, re, urlparse, time, urllib, urllib2, hashlib
    File “/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urlparse.py”, line 29, in

KeyboardInterrupt
    xxx:InstaUp2Date xxxxxx$ sudo ./runAllTests.py –failfast

WARNING: Improper use of the sudo command could lead to data loss
    or the deletion of important system files. Please double-check your
    typing when using sudo. Type “man sudo” for more information.

To proceed, enter your password, or type Ctrl-C to abort.

Password:
    ………..E
    ======================================================================
    ERROR: test_codePath (Resources.findInstallerDisc_test.findInstallerDiscTest)
    ———————————————————————-
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “/Users/xxxxxx/Desktop/instadmg-446/AddOns/InstaUp2Date/Resources/findInstallerDisc_test.py”, line 35, in test_codePath
    allowedBuildsResults = findInstallerDisc(allowedBuilds=buildsInfo)
    File “/Users/xxxxxx/Desktop/instadmg-446/AddOns/InstaUp2Date/Resources/findInstallerDisc.py”, line 201, in findInstallerDisc
    raise commonExceptions.FileNotFoundException(‘Unable to find OS Installer disc in any provided folder: %s%s’ % (str(searchItems), folderString))
    FileNotFoundException: Unable to find OS Installer disc in any provided folder: [‘/Users/xxxxxx/Desktop/instadmg-446/InstallerFiles/InstallerDiscs’, ‘/Users/xxxxxx/Desktop/instadmg-446/InstallerFiles/BaseOS’] ([‘.svn’, ‘InstallESD.dmg’], [‘.svn’])

———————————————————————-
    Ran 12 tests in 29.381s

FAILED (errors=1)

I use InstaUp2Date. Until know it has been running smoothly. Now i can’t run Instadmg all. The Image is located in InstallerDiscs folder.

Help!

ktappe
    Participant

Per this thread [url]https://www.afp548.com/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=45&showtopic=29910[/url], several of us have seen this problem. It’s solved by rebooting the Mac you’re running InstaDMG on. Not sure of the cause.

Giobbi
    Participant

thx ktappe for the reply.

I have tried everything now. Fresh ESD, image. import disc, restart, run insta2update, no go, no system image. For i while i thought it was working but when i run the runalltests –failfast i get:

sudo AddOns/InstaUp2Date/runAllTests.py –failfast
    ………..E
    ———————————————————————-
    File “/Users/xxx/Desktop/instadmg-read-447/AddOns/InstaUp2Date/Resources/findInstallerDisc_test.py”, line 35, in test_codePath
    File “/Users/xxx/Desktop/instadmg-read-447/AddOns/InstaUp2Date/Resources/findInstallerDisc.py”, line 201, in findInstallerDisc
    raise commonExceptions.FileNotFoundException(‘Unable to find OS Installer disc in any provided folder: %s%s’ % (str(searchItems), folderString))
    FileNotFoundException: Unable to find OS Installer disc in any provided folder: [‘/Users/xxx/Desktop/instadmg-read-447/InstallerFiles/InstallerDiscs’, ‘/Users/xxx/Desktop/instadmg-read-447/InstallerFiles/BaseOS’] ([‘InstallESD.dmg’, ‘MacOS X Client 10.7.3 11D50.dmg’], [])

I have no clue whats wrong. Anyone with more ideas? Greatly apreciated!!

thx

Giobbi
    Participant

So i tried to do it with instadmg – the old way. Didn’t work either, got this:

11:13:43 ###### Looking for a Cached Image ######
    Mounting the shadow file (/private/tmp/idmg.z6V5/09703E9D-8C4C-4D2B-B854-BB9E9D9A5892.shadowfile) onto the cached image (./Caches/BaseImageCache/EC2F2461.dmg)
    2012-04-24 11:13:53.380 defaults[2351:707]
    The domain/default pair of (/private/tmp/idmg.z6V5/idmg_mp.wA5f/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion, ProductVersion) does not exist
    2012-04-24 11:13:53.398 defaults[2353:707]
    The domain/default pair of (/private/tmp/idmg.z6V5/idmg_mp.wA5f/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion, ProductVersion) does not exist
    2012-04-24 11:13:53.414 defaults[2355:707]
    The domain/default pair of (/private/tmp/idmg.z6V5/idmg_mp.wA5f/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion, ProductBuildVersion) does not exist
    2012-04-24 11:13:53.431 defaults[2356:707]
    The domain/default pair of (/private/tmp/idmg.z6V5/idmg_mp.wA5f/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion, ProductName) does not exist
    ./instadmg.bash: line 665: [: 7: unary operator expected
    Target OS: ()

Giobbi
    Participant

No one? Please?

bw38
    Participant

have you tried downloading a fresh copy of instadmg and working off that instead?

also, when you say the InstallESD.dmg is only two days old, what do you mean? where did you get this copy from?

Giobbi
    Participant

HI, thx for replying.

I did this, just now:

1. Downloaded InstaDMG1-6rc1.zip
    2. I have av fresh InstallESD.dmg (reinstalled my comp a couple days ago)
    3. Put it in InstallerDiscs
    4. Computer restart
    5. Ran ./AddOns/InstaUp2Date/runAllTests.py –failfast

Got this:

………..E
    ———————————————————————-
    File “/Users/pierogiobbi/Desktop/instadmg 2/AddOns/InstaUp2Date/Resources/findInstallerDisc_test.py”, line 35, in test_codePath
    File “/Users/pierogiobbi/Desktop/instadmg 2/AddOns/InstaUp2Date/Resources/findInstallerDisc.py”, line 201, in findInstallerDisc
    FileNotFoundException: Unable to find OS Installer disc in any provided folder: [‘/Users/pierogiobbi/Desktop/instadmg 2/InstallerFiles/InstallerDiscs’, ‘/Users/pierogiobbi/Desktop/instadmg 2/InstallerFiles/BaseOS’] ([‘InstallESD.dmg’], [])

———————————————————————-
    Ran 12 tests in 51.254s

FAILED (errors=1)

I have no clue why. Do i have this problem: https://www.afp548.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=29928 Is i not possible to use instadmg until next update?

thx

n8felton
    Participant

I have found that you cannot have any other disk images mounted on the system while you’re running InstaDMG. If you have any DMGs mounted, InstaDMG will fail.

Giobbi
    Participant

Hi,

Thx for replying.

Yes i know, that problem is easily found in log. I give up now, i can’t solve this..

🙁

bw38
    Participant

when you download InstaDMG, try doing it via Terminal using the following command:
    svn checkout http://instadmg.googlecode.com/svn/trunk InstaDMG

Try to create a basic vanilla image 10.7.When you do this though, make sure to set the date on your computer is before mid-Febuary 2012. This will create a base cache image. The output file is of no importance.

To create the basic image, try command:
    sudo ~/InstaDMG/AddOns/InstaUp2Date/instaUp2Date.py -p 10.7_vanilla

Then set the computer date to present date. Then try to create another basic vanilla image 10.7. See you if you get the error message then.

It shouldn’t matter how many InstallerDiscs you have in your InstaDMG repo. Just make sure the vanilla catalog is only pointing to one build # for the disc you wish to use to create your image.

Giobbi
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the reply and sorry for this late one.

I did a test now

1. Downloaded, via svn, 448
    2. Moved my InstallESD.dmg (4 of april) to InstallerDiscs
    4. Set the date to 3 jan 2012
    3. Ran sudo ~/InstaDMG/AddOns/InstaUp2Date/instaUp2Date.py -p 10.7_vanilla (after ai commented out the 10.7.3 update)

Still got a 1.2Mb dmg in Cache.

From the debug:

PHASE:Förbereder installation…
    Jan 3 12:35:18 xx installer[5119] : Dist disk is not root.
    Jan 3 12:35:18 xx installer[5119]
    : No imgsrc found, mounting system image for BaseSystem extraction.
    Jan 3 12:35:18 xx installer[5119]
    : mountDiskImageWithURLString: /private/tmp/idmg.cA7U/idmg_temp.RTM8oX/BaseSystem.dmg
    Jan 3 12:35:20 xx installer[5119] : Mounting disk image complete, results dict = {
    “system-entities” = (
    {
    “content-hint” = “Apple_partition_scheme”;
    “dev-entry” = “/dev/disk4”;
    “potentially-mountable” = 0;
    “unmapped-content-hint” = “Apple_partition_scheme”;
    },
    {
    “content-hint” = “Apple_HFS”;
    “dev-entry” = “/dev/disk4s3”;
    “mount-point” = “/Volumes/Mac OS X Base System”;
    “potentially-mountable” = 1;
    “unmapped-content-hint” = “Apple_HFS”;
    “volume-kind” = hfs;
    },
    {
    “content-hint” = “Apple_Driver_ATAPI”;
    “dev-entry” = “/dev/disk4s2”;
    “unmapped-content-hint” = “Apple_Driver_ATAPI”;
    },
    {
    “content-hint” = “Apple_partition_map”;
    “dev-entry” = “/dev/disk4s1”;
    “unmapped-content-hint” = “Apple_partition_map”;
    }
    );
    }
    Jan 3 12:35:20 xx installer[5119] : Set authorization level to root for session
    Jan 3 12:35:20 xx installer[5119] : Recovery system image located at “/tmp/idmg.cA7U/idmg_temp.RTM8oX/BaseSystem.dmg

….

rbwong
    Participant

When you burn the InstallESD.dmg to a DVD, does that boot up as a workable installation disc?

I ask because sometimes I have to recreate the image with a physical disc (importdisc) before a workable DMG can be used by instaDMG

Noel Alonso
    Participant

I wonder why you have a BaseSystem.dmg showing there 😯

Can you post an $ ls of your InstallerDiscs folder and the sha1 of them?

Giobbi
    Participant

Hi!

Thanks for helping out. I have a svn downloaded, fresh, 448 with only this:

./InstallerDiscs:
    total 7400088
    drwxr-xr-x 5 x staff 170B 3 Jan 15:26 .
    drwxr-xr-x 9 x staff 306B 3 Maj 14:13 ..
    -rw-r–r–@ 1 x staff 6,0K 3 Jan 14:29 .DS_Store
    drwxr-xr-x 9 x staff 306B 3 Maj 11:56 .svn
    [email protected] 1 x staff 3,5G 23 Nov 10:47 InstallESD.dmg

I commented out the 10.7.3 and other updates in the vanilla-catalog.

What do you mena with SHA? Do a checksum.py on the image?
    InstallESD InstallerFiles/InstallerDiscs/InstallESD.dmg sha1:acf1b0e1a787a8de31fbbf7afbf6ab2c93f2c506 (todays date)

Just tested the dmg-file, från DiskU to USB stick, then started up on a Mac..

Noel Alonso
    Participant

Well that is no the sha1 I have for the 10.7.3 installESD.dmg, but I recall passing the new signature tool when the package apocalypse :S

Anyway if you can please download the new 10.7.4 (sha1:42a4bde175aa2d6fcbe17e0692c3c6c2d91176e8) and use this updated catalog file

http://pastebin.com/ZAC71e4H

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed