Home Forums AFP548 Community Open Mike WWDC 2010

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    stevek
    Participant

taking a look at this, [url]http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/sessions/[/url] I noticed that there is no IT sessions listed this year.. I wanted to go but if there are no server sessions then going this year would not be worth the time or cost.
    Any one know if the Sessions & Labs page has all the info or are Syatem Admins left out of WWDC this year?

bschappel
    Participant

Remember when Steve Jobs came back to Apple and said they were going to “milk Mac OS 9” for all it’s worth? I think that is now the attitude toward OS X. OS X will be milked to generate iPhone/iPad/iPod OS. Apple has gotten addicted to the constant revenue stream from “subscribers”. With the success of the super-closed platforms of the iPhone/iPad OS X has to be looked at as the red-headed stepchild. Even the attention paid to the Mac has dwindled from Apple. The hardware is not revved as quickly as it needs to be. The switch to Intel commodity hardware has not reduced prices. Even the elimination of the Premier developer plans, developer hardware discounts, and other perks is distressing to me.

I LOVED the IT track at WWDC. It’s the only reason I went. The general Mac sessions have been getting reduced over the last two years. This year it’s mostly iPhone. I bet next year it’s almost all iPhone.

Jobs wants total control of everything Apple. An open platform like OS X does not allow total control. So the Mac will be milked for all it’s worth.

Just my opinion.

benfeea1
    Participant

The real question is will there be a Thirsty Bear AFP548 WWDC party?
    That is the real reason I attend WWDC.

Eric

stevek
    Participant

well it doesn’t matter any more.. the thing is sold out..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed