Home Forums AFP548 Community Ideas WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS RANT IN THE BIGGEST SIZE EVER

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 19 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rob porter
    Participant

IDEA FOR MAIN PAGE
    would love to see honest opinion from apple qualified field or installation engineers in u.k. who could be assesed from this site via points system and make a living worldwide thru internet ( as i consider the english approved engineers as the best in the world)as a recent experience with two monkeys from gateshead(new apple technical support centre) and 1 monkey from 2nd level support in ireland, still couldn’t figure out a simple issue i.e. 1 x imac G5 reloaded three times from original disks OS X 10.3.5 and additional software (classic) erase and install. When trying to start classic wont start and three days later figuring out that open transport won’t load with shared library manager PPC. Take ethernet cable out and classic loads no problem. reason. DHCP will appear with same address in system preferences. i.e. 10.123.10.46
    try renewing DHCP lease and same problem, speak to apple tech support.
    not sure that appletalk control panel and TCP/IP control panel should exist in classic system folder.
    Explain that if yo double click these control panels they tell you that they are not classic compatible
    Apple tech support unsure as to use of appletalk control panel and TCP/IP control panel as they should not merge with 0s x 10.3.5 sytem preferences.

assumption is that apple tech support haven’t got a clue as to which parts of OS 9.2.2 and OS X whatever actually merge into one when it come’s to networking.
    I would hate to be a young gun picking up on the beauty of osx for the first time and trying to convince an IT director in a production environment that mac was the way forward. As a seasoned 15year apple qualified installation and support engineer i have felt underpaid and inadequate when speaking to apple tech support,
    I feel this is a big brother or big blue attitude when i am told continually that i am an original think different sort of person. i sat there and watched the 1994 ad in the middle of the superbowl when no one at school even knew what american football was. I was one of the lucky few who got to work on an apple II with 16MB RAM, 20MB HDD, 17″ colour monitor running illustrator 3 and photoshop.
    AFP548.com email me before i go insane with apple tech support as i personally have sat an exam to say i am qualified and listened to the instructor not just seen apple ech support dudes walk in fall asleep and then walk out without taking any kind of examination and end up giving advice to punters more qualified than they they are.
    that is the microsoft world not the apple world.

BE DIFFERENT, THINK DIFFERENT.

Anonymous

Hey rob,
    READ……..READ…….READ

ARE YOU ROB PORTER THAT USED TO WORK AT TABOR? BECAUSE IF YOU ARE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU EMAIL ME WITH THE NAME OF THE BAND THE BEGINS WITH “THE S…..”…..THAT I AND YOU LIKE, PLEASE
    asap

later

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed