Home Forums Software InstaDMG Who’s using InstaDMG… need names for Macworld

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    larkost
    Participant

Good morning everyone,

I will be doing a presentation for Macworld in a couple of weeks (along with Justin Elliott of Penn. State) and will be covering InstaDMG in that presentation. I would like to have a single slide to tell the people in the audience that big places are using InstaDMG, and I do have a list that includes a lot of recognizable names, but I don’t have their permission to use those names.

So I was wondering if anyone would like to volunteer to have their organization’s name on the list of users? You would need to tell me that you have the right to volunteer your organization, and this would only be as an organization that uses InstaDMG, not as one that endorses it, etc… And this would only be for this one use.

Thanks for reading at least!

Rusty Myers
    Participant

Well, if Your doing the presentation with Justin, they you probably are already using Pennsylvania State University. That’s where I am, but in the College of Education. I grant permission to use our name if you’d like. Thanks!
    Rusty

donmontalvo
    Participant

Check your email. 🙂

Don

larkost
    Participant

Thanks guys! I will put both your organizations on the slide. I am getting a really nice response from the three places I put out this notice, and so it looks like I will have a nice slide there.

If others would like to put their names on the slide, I can make changes up to the day of the presentation, so the Saturday the 13th.

Per Olofsson
    Participant

You can add University of Gothenburg, Sweden to the list, we’re using InstaDMG + DeployStudio to deploy Macs (not exclusively mind you, we also have a bunch of NetInstall and manual setups).

toppmac
    Participant

University of Tromsø is testing the solution InstaDMG + DeployStudio to deploy Macs

vogtstev
    Participant

Gustavus Adolphus College of Minnesota has been using Composer + InstaDMG + DeployStudio since they came out. Great products!

Anthony Reimer
    Participant

You can add University of Calgary (Faculty of Fine Arts) in Canada. While not fully implemented yet, I am working towards an image with a 108 GB payload!

thomasb
    Participant

The Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK) is using InstaDMG and DeployStudio for image creation and deployment. Feel free to mention us.

I wonder how many that use Apple’s tools for image creation for lagre scale deployment. You should ask the audience 🙂

Good luck at Macworld, Karl!

szultzie
    Participant

Central Connecticut State University is using InstaDMG and DeployStudio as well.

-Peter

donmontalvo
    Participant

[QUOTE][u]Quote by: donmontalvo[/u][p]Check your email. 🙂

Don[/p][/QUOTE]

Since, as you said, this isn’t a formal endorsement, I guess it’s OK to mention I’m using it at Capgemini for image creation. I can’t name the clients, or go into how many clients or number of users…let’s just say it’s very, very high. 😉

Don

tdfoxdale
    Participant

Sorry, didn’t see this in time, but I still want you to know that we use instaDMG and instaUp2Date for our image creation and management. And, we are the Roaring Fork School District, near Aspen, CO.

And… thank you very much for this amazing solution!!!!

Hope it went well at MacWorld.

larkost
    Participant

Thank you to everyone who responded, the presentation went really well (a bit long…) and the slide turned out really well. If anyone wants to see the slides my co-presenter has posted them at this link:

http://clc.its.psu.edu/Labs/Mac/Resources/Presentations/MW2010-IT871.zip

I did remove the “who’s using” slide form this version of the slides (among other changes) as I hadn’t asked for explicit permission to have it anywhere other then on-screen for the conference. I don’t think I am going to go back and review that decision, but at some point we should have a place where companies can put their names as users.

knowmad
    Participant

I can’t speak for my current employer (they get persnickity about these things) but while I was at the National Cancer Institute, we used InstaDMG there to build our mac images.
    I realise its too late, but I too wanted to let you know its in use in big place with LOTs of machines, you created a real hit.

dead2sin
    Participant

[QUOTE][u]Quote by: larkost[/u][p]Thank you to everyone who responded, the presentation went really well (a bit long…) and the slide turned out really well. If anyone wants to see the slides my co-presenter has posted them at this link:

http://clc.its.psu.edu/Labs/Mac/Resources/Presentations/MW2010-IT871.zip

I did remove the “who’s using” slide form this version of the slides (among other changes) as I hadn’t asked for explicit permission to have it anywhere other then on-screen for the conference. I don’t think I am going to go back and review that decision, but at some point we should have a place where companies can put their names as users.[/p][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link to the presentation. Do you know if there is a page that has all the presentations for download?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed