Home Forums OS X Server and Client Discussion DNS weird dns behaviour

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    zCRP
    Participant

I am setting up SLS, and for a while everything seemed fine, with the DNS running as advertised. my primary zone is lan.mycompany.com, and I have an A record for miniserver.lan.mycompany.com which is also the machine on which the dns service is running.
    if from terminal i do “host miniserver.lan.mycompany.com” I get 10.0.1.2 as expected, and the reverse also works. “sudo changeip -checkhostname” gives the all clear.

Now I start playing around with the server a bit (for example adding cname records, SRV etc), and, after a while “sudo changeip -checkhostname” gives me the dreaded fix DNS warning. undoing all the changes does not return the situation to normal. the weird thing is that everything continues to work as before, host and dig give expected results (all green). should I just ignore the error or is there something serious going on?

thanks!

smith456
    Participant

A big, fat “Me Too” on this one, zCRP. Same exact situation. For now I’m letting it ride. OS X Server 10.6.3 just released. I’m not banking on a fix and none is stated in Apple’s release notes. We’ll see.

Best to all.

Steven

[QUOTE][u]Quote by: zCRP[/u][p]I am setting up SLS, and for a while everything seemed fine, with the DNS running as advertised. my primary zone is lan.mycompany.com, and I have an A record for miniserver.lan.mycompany.com which is also the machine on which the dns service is running.
    if from terminal i do “host miniserver.lan.mycompany.com” I get 10.0.1.2 as expected, and the reverse also works. “sudo changeip -checkhostname” gives the all clear.

Now I start playing around with the server a bit (for example adding cname records, SRV etc), and, after a while “sudo changeip -checkhostname” gives me the dreaded fix DNS warning. undoing all the changes does not return the situation to normal. the weird thing is that everything continues to work as before, host and dig give expected results (all green). should I just ignore the error or is there something serious going on?

thanks! [/p][/QUOTE]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed