Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    occkor
    Participant

Recently I rebooted my server because of network issues and when the server came up there were two problems. First was the SLP services was in an unknown state. After some research, no one seems to know why this happens. I was able to fix the problem by running:

/usr/sbin/slpd -f /etc/slpsa.conf

at the terminal. If I reboot, the same thing happens.

Next problem was that the web server would not start. That is to say that from the Server Admin app the web server would start then stop and the same behavior trying to start from command line. Well, after checking a bit through the error logs and config files, I noticed that the httpd.conf file was 0 bytes! I had a good backup and replaced it and the server started fine. My question is this: What the heck happened? is this a known bug? are these issues related? I hope someone out there knows whats happening because Apple sure doesn’t (at leased the “engineers” i spoke with).

occkor[/b]

vulcan
    Participant

I had the same thing happen to me. Try turning on the SLP plugin in the Directory Access app if it’s not already on then restart. You don’t need to turn the service on within Server Settings but the plugin seems to want to be enabled, for what I dont know just yet. Hope this helps.

brian

[quote:0b44dba830=”occkor”]Recently I rebooted my server because of network issues and when the server came up there were two problems. First was the SLP services was in an unknown state. After some research, no one seems to know why this happens. I was able to fix the problem by running:

/usr/sbin/slpd -f /etc/slpsa.conf

at the terminal. If I reboot, the same thing happens.

Next problem was that the web server would not start. That is to say that from the Server Admin app the web server would start then stop and the same behavior trying to start from command line. Well, after checking a bit through the error logs and config files, I noticed that the httpd.conf file was 0 bytes! I had a good backup and replaced it and the server started fine. My question is this: What the heck happened? is this a known bug? are these issues related? I hope someone out there knows whats happening because Apple sure doesn’t (at leased the “engineers” i spoke with).

occkor[/b][/quote:0b44dba830]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed