Home Forums Archive VAPOR VaporSec + Watchguard SOHO 6 = need peers_identifier address

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hey all,

I have a Watchguard SOHO 6tc VPN appliance that uses it’s private subnet as it’s identifier (which works out to the the clients remote identifier). So if I don’t want my phase 1 negotiations to fail, I think I need something like this in my client’s racoon.conf:

peers_identifier address “192.168.0.0/24”;

a) is this possible with racoon?
    b) Will VaporSec have an option for this someday?

Currently I can do the peer’s address (no good for an ID that’s a subnet) or the peer’s user_fqdn (no good for a subnet style ID either – I get “ipsecdoi_checkid1(): ID type mismatched” in the logs)

Alternately, I’d take some advice on how I can get VaporSec to not stomp on my racoon.conf file (again assuming that the ‘address’ ID type to peers_identifier will work with a subnet).

Any suggestions on all of this?

Thanks,
    Martin

Anonymous
    Participant

Hey All,

Well it looks like Watchguard invented this “IP Subnet” ID type. After some more research it looks like ‘peers_identifier address’ will not accept a subnet as it’s value. By the way, I just kill -HUP’ed racoon to get it to reread racoon.conf.

So it looks like VaporSec can’t really touch this issue, it is more of a Racoon/SDP/Whoever issue. I guess I’ll write them an email about this and see if their interested in implementing this ID type.

I hope this helps some other Watchguard user. Of course if you’re reading this and you’ve figured out something I’ve missed, I’d appreciate an email!

martin !_~@~_! rubensteintech.com

-Martin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed