Home Forums Older Versions of Mac OS X and iOS Mac OS X Server 10.3 Server Control Apps Use WGM to spread Mobile Accounts over two hard drives?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ollapodrida
    Participant

Hello,

I manage a G5 video-editing lab of 13 workstations with two 250-GB hard drives apiece. We’re getting rid of our network-based home directory setup to take better advantage of our half TB of storage space; I’m setting up the network so that all new accounts are Mobile Accounts so that users’ home directories are created locally on the workstation on which each user first logs in.

However, I can’t figure out how to configure Workgroup Manager to create home directories anywhere but in the Users folder in just one drive (the system drive) on the workstations. I want to also create drives on the second drive (the data drive) in the machine.

Has anyone ever done this? I’m not looking to span the drives; I just want to store some local, managed home directories on one hard drive and some on the second drive.

Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

andrina
    Participant

Your best bet is to open WGM on the machine where the secondary drive is and try setting it up from there – I’ve had similar problems trying to manage system prefs that are not installed on the server, but are on the client machines…. WGM should then see the secondary drive – I’d hope!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed