Home Forums Archive x86 updating images..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sggr57a
    Participant

I’m attempting to keep up with Apple in their relentless pursuit to drive all system admins crazy. They have released a few new builds that the retail OS X (Snow Leopard) DVD has no support for. I’d like to be able to take my base dmg and purely update it with any new kernel extensions so that my staff may continue operating with one (instead of one billion) image. I’ve attempted this by copying all kext files from a newer OS X DVD to the existing Extensions folder and then running kextcache but I’m getting invalids and missing dependency errors. Does anyone have a clear cut process for doing this?

dmnelson
    Participant

I know this question is rather old…

What I normally do is simply deploy my image to any compatible Mac, run all available software updates to get to the latest OS version, then save a new copy. This always (knock on wood) ends up producing a new image that can be used with the latest machines. Once I’ve verified it works fine I simply stop using the previous version of the image, and delete it once it’s a couple versions old.

Weezer123
    Participant

That was great! Thanks for sharing!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed