Home Forums Software InstaDMG Unable to Find OS Installer Disc

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jafuller
    Participant

Rev 452

MacOS X Client 10.7 11A511.dmg is contained ./InstaDMG/InstallerFiles/InstallerDiscs/
    This DMG was built off of the installESD.dmg from the App Store via the Lion Installer App.

When I run ./instaUp2Date.py 10.7_vanilla –process I get the error Unable to find OS Installer disc in any provided folder.

What should I try to get this going? I reviewed the other strings and a reboot has not fixed it. I’ve tried alternate locations for the installer disc without success.

Thanks!

Allister Banks
    Participant

Hey jafuller,

No need to modify the InstallESD.dmg, and I’d put it in BaseOS. Another thing to check for is that you definitely don’t mount that volume or have another install disk mounted while trying to run the process. Let me know if that does the trick.

Allister

jafuller
    Participant

Followed your recommendations without success. Could SEP (Symantec Endpoint Protection) be causing trouble?

Allister Banks
    Participant

…if SEP is set to interrupt mounting of volumes/making them available, it is possible it could be timing out. Best to leave anything that thrashes I/O or in other ways slow down the disk off (e.g. an earlier incarnation of the code postponed spotlight scanning IIRC, etc.)
    And just to double-check, you left the InstallESD.dmg exactly as you found it inside the ‘Install Mac OS X.app’ bundle?

Allister

rtrouton
    Participant

jafuller,

Is your disk image named [b]MacOS X Client 10.7 11A511.dmg[/b]? If it is, try renaming it to [b]InstallESD.dmg[/b] and see if it now works.

jafuller
    Participant

I copied the InstaDMG directory to another computer without SEP. Once I did so, it was processed just fine. I don’t have the permissions to disable SEP (enterprise policies). This will be a good one to push back with.

Thanks for all the help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed