Home Forums Archive VAPOR SSH on different port

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  livio 17 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

livio
    Participant

Is it possible to connect with Vapor to a server where SSH is not running on it’s standard port (22) ? My server at home is running SSH on port 5022 because my ISP is blocking all ports below 1000 !

Do both ends of the tunnel need to be on the same port?
    If i put both machines on port 5022 will this work?

Livio πŸ˜†

Anonymous
    Participant

Any idea when the next revision will be out?

rugby
    Participant

Thanks for the update on the status. I have been tinkering around with it and have a question.

Here’s my setup, I’ve got a webserver on a public address but have a 4-port ethernet card in it (OSXS apache/communigate pro) and would like to use it as my ssh gateway to my private network. I tried putting a private address on another port and plugging it into my private network but vapor wouldn’t redirect to another computer. What do I need to do to make this work? I don’t want to make the webserver a router as I’ve already got one.

Thanks!

Anonymous
    Participant

It is just to say I just got to know about Vapor and downloaded to test. Our network administration has also changed the ssh port to a different one (5023) so I can’t yet test πŸ™ . Me too I am standing in the waiting line….

livio
    Participant

Untill an update is out where we can connect via a non-standard SSH port you can do the same as VAPOR via some advanced terminal commands. Check the SSH article on this website for some more information on this….

Below is an example of a reverse AFP connection via SSH :

(type this at your office machine to create a reverse tunnel to your home machine)
    ssh -l username -p 5022 my.home.ip -R 10001:127.0.0.1:548 sleep 900000

At home use this address to connect to the office machine
    afp://127.0.0.1:10001

Note that my SSH server is running on port 5022

Livio

scid
    Participant

I don’t know if you are taking suggestions, but the thing that I use Tunneling for the most (read as vapor) is tunneling VNC on port 5901. Of course it would be great if this selection could let you specify the display (last digit) of both the server and the client end. Of course while one is wishing πŸ˜€ it would also be nice if one could specify some of the ssh settings like -C.

But bookmarks would be a cool feature too πŸ˜‰

Thanks

scid
    Participant

[quote:47ac96a312]2. Built in, well a pull-down menu, for smtp, pop, imap, smb, Timbuktu and maybe something else.[/quote:47ac96a312]

it would be cool if this was configurable with a plist/xml file or a just via dialog πŸ’‘

livio
    Participant

I’m looking forward to this update…

Nice to see the new features that we have suggested !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed