Home Forums OS X Server and Client Discussion Questions and Answers Snow Leopard Cisco VPN internal client certs

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jtopoleski
    Participant

I just took over for a new company and they are pulling their hair out with Mac certs. Right now users on the macs can not get the user certs they need for authenticating with the Cisco client, and have to log in on a windows box, export their user cert, then import it into the keychain. But even with this we can not get certificate authentication to work and have to rely on shared secrets and local users to get them on.

What I am trying to figure out is a two part problem

1) How can we get the macs to automatically get their user cert like any windows user could get and

2) Why can we not get the Snow Leopard internal Cisco VPN client to read the certs and authenticate?

This is the first time I have ever really had to deal with VPN as my last enviroment rarely used it, but its enough to drive me crazy and as the new Mac Systems Admin, its one of the first tasks they handed me.

Jtopoleski
    Participant

update. I managed to get the Cisco AnyConnect VPN app to work with our certs and with exporting my personal cert from a windows machine, but I continue to get a machine cert error trying to use the internal VPN

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed