Home Forums OS X Server and Client Discussion Questions and Answers see hd on desktop over ssh

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hi,

know anyone a programm that i can see the hd, on the desktop, of the computer wich i connected over ssh. Like rbrowser. I would use the VPN like the local Network.

thanx for your help, freez 😉

zo
    Participant

you can tell the finder to use an ssh-tunnel to connect to the afp-server. press apple-k in the finder, then choose “options”.
    of course, to do work in the terminal, you have to open another ssh-connection.

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi,

thank you for your reply. The problem i have is that i can¥t find the option button after pess “apple k”. I use the mac os x 10.2. Is it possible that i have to use an other version??? Or i am to stupid to do this???

thanx freez 🙂

Anonymous

if you’re in 10.2 then you should download and install VAPOR from those guys here :-). You’ll find it in the ‘old’ section -> Ressources or click here here.

You’ll need to install another third party you’ll find in the DMG. If you follow the ReadMe you’ll be up & running in minutes. Works very fine.
    My partner and I used it for some time and it worked very nicely.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed