Home Forums AFP548 Community Certification Second try at Server Essentials…sorta

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I tried a few months ago to get the ACTC cert by taking the Server Essentials 10.3 exam, but failed by about 3 questions. I figure now it would be better to just try the 10.4 route so I’m going to try the Sever Essentials 10.4 exam soon. I read the O’Reilly Essential Panther Server book cover to cover to prepare for the 10.3 exam (seeing as how it’s the only tool out there besides the 5 Service Training courses online), but I think that book went too in depth with things and didn’t really focus too much on what the exam wanted. Good for me to learn things, but not to pass the exam obviously. For the 10.4 exam I’m reading the Apple certified OS X Server Essential for 10.4 book which was recently released. It seems to follow the SAG to a T, but it seems almost too simple with regards to the information given. From those who have taken the 10.4 exam, and read the book, do they require that you also read the pdfs in depth? I would assume that reading the pdfs couldn’t hurt, but I’m just curious if reading all of them is necessary. And, beyond the one book and the pdfs, is there anything else one can do to prepare for the server exam?
    Thanks

Anonymous

I planned on going over the file services pdf to try and clear things up after reading the chapter in the book. I don’t think it’s helping though.
    Thanks for the reply

Anonymous

Well I’m scheduled for 10am Saturday to take the 10.4 exam. I’ve read the entire Apple Training book, highlighted the sections that correspond with the Skill Assessment Guide, and wrote out notes on each bullet point of the SAG that I could find in the book. I feel like I should pass easily at this point, but considering how I failed the last test due to way too many “check all that apply” questions I’m still uncertain…Any last-few-days pointers for this exam?
    Thanks

Anonymous

Re: the SAG all makes pretty good sense to me, but under Open Directory, fourth point; Configure a local NetInfo directory
    What does that mean? All I can come up with, and maybe I’m dense, is that they want you to configure the server as a standalone server as opposed to an open directory master which would be LDAP-based rather than netinfo right? Am I wrong? Question

Anonymous

super, the testing ‘facility’ was closed for the holiday. I learned this over the phone as I sat outside the place. I rescheduled for Monday morning somewhere else, but this is so freaking frustrating! What a complete and utter let down. I was so ready to take the damned test, and yeah I have more time to study, but now I have to take a half day at work and then struggle to get my money back and most likely loose the $32 I saved by using a voucher code the first time. What a pain! ARGH!!1 Cry

Anonymous

Well…I PASSED! wo0t!
    77% which isn’t as good as I had hoped or even anticipated getting, but passing none the less. Some items I just didn’t know because they honestly were not even in the book. Ah well, I’m just glad I finally passed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed