Home Forums AFP548 Community New Forum Suggestions scenario forum

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rob porter
    Participant

as an ex field and installation engineer for 10 years, i came across a different setup virtually every day.So i think if were different scenario’s that users of this site could alter to their own needs, helpful for cutting down the endless searching for that snippet of info that can make the difference between days and minutes.

Detrius
    Participant

[QUOTE BY= MacTroll] Like sample config files?[/QUOTE]

You have a simple StartupItem in the downloads section that I modified to fix an odd DNS issue that I was seeing with 10.3.5 and 10.3.6. I created a startup item to check to see if the DNS server was resolving the local machine name, and if not, I HUPped named. I passed this modified script off to a client of mine, as he was having the same problem. The fact that you effectively had a shell of a StartupItem saved me from the time of having to research what had to be done. This also saved me from instead modifying rc scripts or something else like that.

rob porter
    Participant

sorry for not replying sooner mactroll, but i am trying to rollout osx at work, hardest thing has been trying to get outlook to work, but that’s a story for the macosxhints forum, so if anybody out there wants to know i will be posting my efforts there. meanwhile back at the ranch, yes sample config files, something along the lines of, i have server 2000 with AD and want to have my sixty mac users authenticate thru my OSX server 10.3.5 to AD so that they can have single logon to 23 seperate dell storage servers which support basic appltalk but don’t seem to be able to connect via afp. then be able to download apdf say from various users who have the necessary bits of info in their setups.

head towards the light, the future is apple shaped.

rob porter
    Participant

detrius
    i think your posting in the wrong place. just an observation not a criticism.

head towards the light, the future is apple shaped.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed