Home Forums ANNOUNCEMENTS Safely binding OD master to AD (without breaking OD authentication!)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    fatherzimfire
    Participant

I have an open directory master, and open directory slave both running 10.6 server, providing OD services to allow 100 mac laptops to log in. Both are also AFP file servers.

I need to bind both these servers to our Active Directory domain, in order to allow additional users on our wider AD network to access these file servers, whilst authenticating via AD (instead of using an additional OD account).
    (The plan is also to gradually migrate the laptops onto AD and get rid of the OD).

My initial thoughts are that this should be as simple as binding the two servers to active directory (using directory utility), then propagating AD group ACLs to the existing file shares, alongside the OD ACLs/permissions.

My concern is that I’m missing something that may cause the macs authenticating and logging in via OD to break or stop working. Would there be any kerberos conflicts etc. that I may be overlooking?
    Are there any “gotchas” that I may be missing with this, or best order to do things in?

Any thoughts/advice/tips appreciated. These are production machines and I don’t want to mess anything up.
    Many thanks in advance.

fatherzimfire
    Participant

Sorry, meant to post this in the AD forum.
    Feel free to delete this as I’ll repost there. APologies again.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed