Home Forums Software InstaDMG Running instaDMG deletes some local files

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    88gb525dxQK4gt6u
    Participant

Hi all,

I just want to ask if this happens to more ppl. I’ve noticed that everytime I run instaDMG it deletes Flip4wmv.app and Silverlight.plugin.

This most probably is because MS pre/post-flight scripts and Im using the installers with no modification. It installs fine on the image but cleans in my host machine.

Is this because of the unjailed installation in Lion? do you guys remove the scripts on these two packages?

Regards,
    nbalonso

Allister Banks
    Participant

Hey nbalonso,

I’ve done two methods successfully for office 2011: 1. stripped the pkgs out and populated a catalog file without those packages and 2. modified the distribution.dist to leave those out(among others I don’t want, like Outlook).

Allister

freepms
    Participant

Allister,

Could you post recipes for those two methods you mention? I’ve not been able to get an other-than-everything MS Office install in my 10.6.8 build…it’s ignoring InstallerChoices altogether, and my attempt just now at modifying the distribution.dist in an intuitive way succeeded in omitting the items I wanted omitted (Messenger and Communicator), but the rest of the apps are unlaunchable.

And if there’s a modification to the Lync 14.0.1 Updater known to get it to run that would help too…Lync is still 14.0.0 on the image, and I couldn’t find anything obvious in the updater package to cause that.

Thanks very much, and thanks again for last time!

Allister Banks
    Participant

Hey there,

I don’t think I actually ever got around to posting a package breakdown, here’s a thread where I talk about using the same method for iLife11:
    [url]http://groups.google.com/group/instadmg-dev/browse_thread/thread/57d2ae275b850f0e#[/url]
    I think modifying the .dist file is the more recommended way, since it accomplishes the same goal. I had no issue with the SP1 site-licensed version recently, and if you have issues finding it I can post a link to the officeformachelp blog. There was also a great article from Greg Neagle in Mactech discussing .dist manipulation and choiceChanges files, although I wish I could get choiceCHanges working in instaUp2Date again.

Allister

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed