Home Forums OS X Server and Client Discussion Questions and Answers restored from OD backup with different kerberos realm

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    adamast
    Participant

I had a backup from a client’s old machine that I attempted to restore only to find the Kerberos realm was different then what I had set up. Basically the old realm had a typo in it.

I ran slapconfig -mergedb -f from the command line and everything imported correctly, no issues, usernames and passwords work correctly. The only error I received was a suggestion to run slapconfig -kerberize to create the kerberos principals. I decided not to do this at first because everything seemed to be working fine.

Now when I go into workgroup manager and set up an calendaring server it shows up with with the two different kerberos realm names. I don’t know if I should be worried because everything works fine but I would very much like to resolve this issue. I ran slapconfig -kerberize command and it instructed me to run it with the -f switch because I was in a different kerberos domain then the one provided (which I should not be..). When the -f switch was supplied it gave me several errors:

kdcsetup command failed with status 10
    kdcsetup command failed with exit code 10: stdout=(null), error-

Kerberos is running
    This domain with the typo shows up in no other situation save when setting up calendaring.

Should I just kill the OD database and repromote or is there someone who has a suggestion?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed