Home Forums Software InstaDMG Recovery partition creation can now be manually altered…

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Noel Alonso 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

bw38
    Participant

This one goes out to Allister! I saw you made a recent change to InstaDMG:

Recovery partition creation can now be manually altered in instadmg.bash, still
    working on proper parameter passing in python(say that three times fast.) Bumped
    build numbers, java and iTunes versions. Happy Holidays!

http://code.google.com/p/instadmg/source/diff?spec=svn464&r=464&format=side&path=/trunk/instadmg.bash

So a couple of questions here:
    1. How does one manually alter the Recovery Partition creation in instadmg.bash? I’m assuming one has to change the variable $DMG_FS but I’m just not sure to what…
    2. Does this affect InstaUp2Date? I’m assuming it doesn’t, but figured I’d ask.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by  bw38.

Noel Alonso
    Participant

I’ll try to answer even tho is not directed to me :)~

1-Just edit line #34 and remove the last J . That is remove the journaling.

2-It affects instaUp2Date the same way it does to instadmg.bash. That is only when the cache file is created. If you already have a cached file in the cached folder for the OSX version you are building, the change in 1- is useless. Delete the cache file to see a change in the end result

nbalonso

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed