Home Forums AFP548 Community Certification "New" requirements for ACSA

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    fherbert
    Participant

Maybe someone can clarify the current requirements for ACSA. I previously thought that gaining a total of 7 points will get the certifcation – (as stated at [url]http://train.apple.com/certification/acsa.html[/url])

But, looking at [url]http://certifications.apple.com[/url] is now states that “All Exams Required” for ACSA.

I have emailed [email protected] to clarify this issue but it’s been more than 2 weeks and no-one has got back to me.

I sat Directory Services Integration and Administration v10.4 last week and have just sat Security Best practices for Mac OS X v10.4 so that gives me 7 points. I guess I will have to wait and see what happens.

Anybody else know something I don’t???

tkw4u
    Participant

I went through exactly what you’re going through. It took weeks for an actual reply to my questions. The long and short of it is that when they went to the new method of earning an ACSA they never got the two systems (Prometric and Apple Certification) talking with each other. On top of that the Apple Certification backend still doesn’t know how to display the new requirements so it just says “All required”.

You need 7 active credits to achieve an ACSA and from what you said you’ve done it. Congratulations! It took about 2 months or so for my actual certificate to arrive. The Apple certification folks told me that they are very short handed so it takes a while for answers to questions. Also, since their new system doesn’t talk to Prometrics yet they have to do all of the adding of new certifications and printing of certificates by hand.

afaict
    Participant

Why isn’t Apple doing this on their own anyway. I took the ACSA test today and failed. Well, sort of: the test app told me my time was up after maybe 15 minutes and nicely printed out a failure report.

So click as fast as you can when doing a certificate 🙂

(I have to redo the test. The Testing Center folks were told that I have to call Helpdesk myself in a week).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed