Home Forums OS X Server and Client Discussion Questions and Answers Push notification pushes only doom

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Vermyndax
    Participant

I’m trying to get push notification working correctly on my server. I seem to have hit a snag.

Facts:

-DNS for the server is correct (verified with changeip -checkhostname)

-Forward and reverse lookups are correct for server

-Pubsub DNS record is published and correct

-xmpp-server and xmpp-client records are published and tested

-Push Notification is enabled for the iCal server and Mail Server and correctly displays in server admin. I can see the com.apple.notificationuser connecting successfully to xmpp.

-Firewall ports are open and correct

-XMPP has a password in my keychain for the XMPP notification service

-Network capture verifies that when I run the iCal client, it connects to port 5223 of the server. However, at the same time, the server logs this and push fails to work for that client:

Jul 13 21:58:10 internal jabberd/c2s8883: 12 ::ffff:, port=32787 connect
    Jul 13 21:58:10 internal jabberd/c2s8883: ODKVerifyClientRequestFixed: Unable to authenticate
    Jul 13 21:58:10 internal jabberd/c2s8883: 12 ::ffff:
    , port=32787 disconnect jid=unbound, packets: 0

Note: was substituted for my IP address of the system that executed the iCal client.

Likewise, Mail server logs a 404 error to XMPP every time I receive an email:

Jul 13 21:57:03 internal push_notify15477: error:

Clearly, something isn’t right here, but I cannot unravel what it is. It seems jabberd/c2s is trying to perform some trick of authentication but it is not succeeding. Server is running 10.6.4.

Has anyone gotten this to work successfully? Verified it with a network capture?

Note that the ODKVerifyClientRequestFixed only logs when an iCal client connects and tries to set up a push session.

BTW, I’m NOT trying to get this to work on iPhones or iPads. I know that does not work. I’m merely trying to get it working with the iCal and Mail clients on the Mac desktops.

danomatic
    Participant

Have you tried looking at the Password Service Server Log, what it says about failed / succeeded authentications, or supported / unsupported methods? I had some iCal Server trouble earlier this week (so far without push yet), related to unsupported auth. methods.
    In Server Admin -> Open Dir -> Logs you can check this log file remotely and interactively

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed