Home Forums OS X Server and Client Discussion Web Problems accessing HTTPS sites using Safari 5+

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    bezzoh
    Participant

Hi,

I’m experiencing an issue (with about 400 Macs) whereby my users have various difficulties accessing HTTPS sites using Safari 5 (5.02 currently).

It does not matter whether the user is a local/network or administrative user, but this is persistent when trying to log in with the browser hanging 9 times out of 10.

I have read a lot about security updates possibly causing this, or indeed even the update of Safari to v5 however I cannot seem to find a fix that appears to work.

I have confirmed that it is not my image that has an issue, by building a completely different model bit of hardware from scratch with a Mac OS disc with no managed preferences and still I have problems with secure sites. I can get to them, and even occasionally log in, but performance is shocking and most of the time i dont get past log-in stage, it just hangs half loaded.

I’ve even confirmed its not the proxy. Other browsers (Firefox) not affected, but dont want to deploy this to a managed service environment, and even tried Safari over a direct internet connection, to no avail.

Any assistance I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed