Home Forums OS X Server and Client Discussion Updates Pointing OD clients to seperate SUS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    airlocksniffer
    Participant

We have two OSX servers, the primary OD server running 10.5.8 and a Mac Mini running 10.6.7 (our Casper server and not bound to the OD master). The software update service is on the fritz on the primary OD server so we’d like to have the clients download updates from the mini. The issue we have is that although we have changed the server address in WGM, the clients start to check for updates to the mini but report as no updates available when there are multiple available when checking from apple.com.

Along the same lines, whats the best way to reset the SUS settings to default for the OD master? I’ve tried deleting the swupd.plist file and a few others and now I can’t start the service.

Thanks.

airlocksniffer
    Participant

Okay, so I got it to work but in a strange way. I changed the SU address in WGM to http://[external.SUS.server]:8088/index.sucatalog.composite and the machines see and correctly download and apply all updates. For some reason the index.sucatalog isn’t functioning properly. The speed of downloads is pretty weak (only 500 k/b in the same building) but faster than going out to the internet. I did stop the service, delete all the catalog files through Terminal and then restart to download all new catalog files but it didn’t change the odd behavior of index.sucatalog. Has anybody seen this behavior before?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed