Home Forums Software InstaDMG Path is not a directory & Recovery HD

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    andyinindy
    Participant

All:

I am having a hell of a time getting InstaDMG to complete a run on 10.8.2, creating a 10.8.1 image. It keeps failing after installing all of my packages with the following:

Working on folder 013 (11:49:08)
    Installing iPhoto9.4Update.pkg
    Dec 3 11:49:09 a201353.local installer[42106] : Product archive /Volumes/Storage/instadmg/InstallerFiles/CustomPKG/013/iPhoto9.4Update.pkg trustLevel=501
    Package name is iPhoto Update
    Installing at base path /private/tmp/idmg.KoCA/idmg_mp.ENc3/Macintosh HD
    PHASE:Preparing for installation…
    Dec 3 11:49:10 a201353.local installer[42106] : -[IFDInstallController(Private) _buildInstallPlan]: location = file://localhost
    %100.000000
    PHASE:The software was successfully installed.
    The install was successful.
    Folder 013 done (11:49:14)
    Working on folder 014 (11:49:14)
    ###### There were no items to install in: /Volumes/Storage/instadmg/InstallerFiles/CustomPKG/014 ######
    11:49:14 ###### Cleaning up ######
    Ejecting images
    "disk2" unmounted.
    "disk2" ejected.
    Unmounted the Target Disk image from /private/tmp/idmg.KoCA/idmg_mp.ENc3/Macintosh HD
    ###### Internal error: tried to eject an image from /private/tmp/idmg.KoCA/idmg_mp.ENc3/Macintosh HD/../Recovery HD but that path is not a directory ######
    rmdir: /private/tmp/idmg.KoCA/idmg_mp.ENc3/Macintosh HD/../: No such file or directory
    Deleting scratch DMG

Notice that the failure is around unmounting the Recovery HD. The path that it is using seems odd to me. Why point to “…idmg_mp.ENc3/Macintosh HD/../Recovery HD” instead of “…idmg_mp.ENc3/Recovery HD”? As to why Recovery HD is not being recognized as being a folder… no idea.

At any rate, I would really like to get this sorted out. Any advice appreciated!

-Andy

andyinindy
    Participant

Got it figured out; apparently InstaDMG REALLY doesn’t like it when you have an empty folder in your workflow! Removing it allowed the build to complete without any issues. You live, you learn!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed