Home Forums Software InstaDMG Package Apocalypse

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    88gb525dxQK4gt6u
    Participant

For anyone who didn’t read this [url]h*tp://managingosx.wordpress.com/2012/03/24/package-apocalypse/[/url] it’s a good idea to do so.

…this means (among other things) that almost all the packages on the instadmg/Caches/InstaUup2DateCache folder are expired.

EDITED to not confuse anyone

as per the great Allister the new revision 441 have the new checksums, plus you would need also a new InstallESD.dmg.

For the iLife11 installer use Greg’s de-signature tool.

Apple is 😈 sometimes

long life to the community ❗

nbalonso

88gb525dxQK4gt6u
    Participant

you can save the hassle of downloading the 3.8GB Lion again from the Mac App Store. The version still the same (hashes match)

In any case 11D50 is reported to work fine.

There is also a 443 revision on the svn

nbalonso

omena
    Participant

We installed our good old 10.6.8 image this morning on a test computer.

Local login worked out normally, but login via ARD failed irregularly. So I assume the ARD client 3.5.2 update which is included in the image is failing.

So if I understand this correctly, this means you have to download all the “new” updates again and re-build all (Apple) package based images.

Right? If so, this means people need to do a little bit of re-building images..

💡 ❗

88gb525dxQK4gt6u
    Participant

[QUOTE][u]Quote by: yoshi[/u][p]
    [i]In any case 11D50 is reported to work fine.[/i]
    [/p][/QUOTE]

It actually does [b]NOT[/b] work properly. If you delete the BaseImageCache, when you execute the instaUp2Date the log reads:

[code] PHASE:Preparing Mac OS X…
    ….
    Mar 27 09:44:48 mymac.local installer[49524] : Failed install preflight: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=102 “The package “RemoteDesktop.pkg” is untrusted.”
    ….

Mar 27 09:44:48 mymac.local installer[49524] : Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
    The install failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)
    Base OS installed
    Compacting and saving cached image to: ./Caches/BaseImageCache/EC2F2461.dmg[/code]

After this you get a base image in the cache of few hundred KB.

SOLUTION: I have tested changing the date of my machine to February and executed the same command with good response. My base image in the cache is now 4.12GB. Once the cache image is healthy the rest of packages installed on it with no problem with the system date corrected.

This may be a workaround until 10.7.4 is out (which should be soon)

nbalonso

bw38
    Participant

So it sounds like the trick is not to delete the base image cache if you have it. And if you don’t, rewind the clock back before the certificates expired?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed