Home Forums OS X Server and Client Discussion Questions and Answers Networked Home Directories for Linux Clients?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I have an OS X Server box that is used for authentication for mac and windows clients. Open Directory and Windows services are running. In WGM the path for home directories on the “Home” tab is set (on another server). On both platforms this works without problems.

Now linux clients need to be bound to the server too. Authentication works as expected but unfortunately no home directory is mounted. The home directories are all on a smb share. How do I get the linux clients mount that share automatically?

A static NFS export on the server providing the share is not a solution as different shares should be used depending on the group the user is in.

Any help is appreciated!

Dave Hagan
    Participant

Wow, this is a good question and I too would like to know the answer.

djfake
    Participant

Ditto that, would be a big help to be able to have Linux users authenticate with LDAP (easy) and mount their OS X Server Home Directory.

c

That’s what I am trying too. If anyone found out how to manage it pleeeeeeaaaase post it!

Petaris
    Participant

I think your best solution is going to be pam_mount. I have done this when authenticating one of my LTSP servers to ActiveDir. It can be “interesting” to get working though and I still have a couple bugs, mainly it (pam) doesn’t seem to want to unmount the shares on user logoff. I will need to play with getting this to work with OpenDir soon, I am not overly looking forward to it. If you have ever played with PAM you know what I mean. 🙂

– Petairs

“The World is Open. Are you?”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed