Home Forums OS X Server and Client Discussion Questions and Answers Network Accounts Unavailable

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    stevececil
    Participant

I have 35 macbooks that sometimes can and sometimes cannot connect to our network for login. We have the golden triangle running and if I login to a local account (admin) and establish the wireless connection then logout the Network Accounts become available. After that point it is a crap shoot on whether the macs hold on to the network after either going to sleep or restarting. Sometimes they will hold the connection and IP address sometimes not. Any thoughts??

deemery
    Participant

What’s the “golden triangle”?

dave

stevececil
    Participant

Using the Mac, Open Directory and Active Directory

stevececil
    Participant

Using the Mac, Open Directory and Active Directory

stevececil
    Participant

Yes I get an IP assigned by DHCP and can login as any student.

stevececil
    Participant

None, we used to have WEP and that has been removed to make an open network with SSID broadcast.

ingenious7
    Participant

We use RADIUS served from OS X 10.5. I don’t know if this will help with your setup, but to get users to authenticate before logging on to the system I added a “Login Windows Profile” under System Preferences > Network > AirPort > Advanced > 802.1x > + > Add User Login Profile. I then enter the SSID details and it makes a connection.

When the MacBooks load to the login window, it shows network access reading “Network Access Available on Logon”

Again, not sure if this will work in your setup.

stevececil
    Participant

I would love to be able to try that but we are still running on 10.4 and that option is not available to me.

stevececil
    Participant

I set up a new location under system preferences – network and that seemed to have fixed it. Until yesterday when I came in and all of the macs were showing the yellow dot and saying “Some Network Connections available”. I have deleted this location and reset it and no change. I have also deleted the OD settings and reset them as well with no change.

I really need these up and running ASAP. Any other thoughts??

amsterdam
    Participant

We’re seeing similar problems… except we’re on a wired network. It’s our AD accounts that not working.

Is it your AD or OD accounts that are unavailable?

What’s your OS version?

stevececil
    Participant

The AD accounts are unavailable. I can login as a local admin account and that is all. We are running osX server version 10.4.10.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed