Home Forums OS X Server and Client Discussion Active Directory Nested AD User Groups

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bezzoh
    Participant

After a bit of help with this one.

If I create OD user groups and put AD users in them I have no problems deploying Workgroup Manager preferences to them whatsoever.

Unfortunately if I try to nest AD groups within OD groups (which apple say is meant to work), none of my deployed preferences work, except for the DOMAIN USERS group, but no others, regardless of whether the group exists in mydomain.com/users or within a particular OU.

I dont want to replicate all of my AD groups by exporting them from AD and importing into OD as I would have to do this everytime there was a change and I really dont want to have to manage 2 sets of groups in this way.

All help and suggestions appreciated as always.

Cheers.

r00tb00t
    Participant

I have users in groups in AD (they are in both the “Domain Users” group and in their individual groups for each set of users) and I have nested the user groups in AD.

Example;

AD > Users OU > 2008 Students OU > (all the students who startin 2008 are in here)

In the 2008 Students organisational unit is a user group called “2008”. User in the 2008 Students OU are members of both “Domains Users” and “2008” then in OD I have nested “2008” in a group called “2008nest” (for example) and applied my settings to “2008nest”.

Just my two pence 😉

bezzoh
    Participant

Visibly the problem appears to be that I cannot see the members (Name and ID) of my AD groups when viewing them via Workgroup Manager. All groups that is except for Domain Users. I cant even view Domain Admins, which means the admin rights depicted in Directory Utility wont take affect either. The short name is visible, but the rest of the information is blank. Not quite got my head round this one still…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed