Home Forums OS X Server and Client Discussion Questions and Answers Need some help with setting up a Software Update Server

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MacManifest
    Participant

Greetings. I set up a Software Update Server over the weekend, and it seems to be running, but none of my clients see it. I set up a managed computer list on my OD replica, and added the machines the I wanted to the list. I added 111 machines and the computer list sees all 111 machines and says there part of the managed list. But all the machines on the list still pull updates from the Apple site. I used the inspector tab, and it shows that only 59 machines are actuality on the managed computer list. So I went to one of those 59 machines and ran the software update and it’s still pulling from the Apple site. The logs reveal nothing. Any ideas?

topnotchchach
    Participant

Hmmm

I managed mine in the computer lists and was recieving problems because of a typo. Its kinda hard to help out when im not really infront of the machine.

Have you tried clearing the cache files on the managed computers?

i go in and delete in the main hd, the library cache files and the system cache files. do a secure empty trash and then a reboot.

i then will click update sftware and if it doesnt catch your server, i quit and restart the software update.

You might want to redo your list also.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed