Home Forums OS X Server and Client Discussion Mail Moving Cyrus IMAP users from one machine to another?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

I had an overly upgraded Mac OS X Server set up (10.0 client > 10.1 Server > 10.2 Server > 10.3 Server > New Drive with Carbon Copy Cloner).

Needless to say it had its share of issues as a result, so earlier today I used a spare machine to start a new clean install. I got everything moved over to the new machine, but I hit a major setback when trying to move the IMAP users over.

There’s nothing really in any of Apple’s docs about this, so I’m at a loss as to what to do. My first attempt had me having to reinstall the the OS again since I managed to overwrite some critical piece of the Cyrus environment, and like to avoid doing something stupid like that again. 🙂

Any tips?

Cheers,
    Arlo Rose

Anonymous
    Participant

Okay, I finally figured this out.

Turns out that reconstruct -r -f wasn’t enough. I needed to run reconstruct -i as well. That seemed to do the trick, and all the users accounts are populated and happy again!

Yeah!

No one really posts to this board, do they? It’s a shame.

Cheers,
    Arlo Rose

scorpion
    Participant

I’m rebuilding my server… backing up the mail settings will be important. How exactly did you go about reconstructing them? Two commands or one?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed