Home Forums OS X Server and Client Discussion Xsan MacPro Metadata controllers can’t see LUN.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    macthek9
    Participant

Hello all, and happy holidays!!

I am having issues with the setup of an Xsan controller…

A brief description of the problem and overview of the physical setup.

Promise V-trak with 8×1 TB drives. Partitioned with two drives as a raid 1 METADATA drive and 6 drives as raid 5 MEDIA and storage/ distributive rendering arena.

A Q-Logic fiber switch with two fiber links to the V-trak and one to each MacPros’ Fibre card.

Each Mac has a connection to our network via Ethernet and so does the V-trak… simply for metadata traffic and VTRAK admin.

The problem is, after establishing my LUN/slices/etc, and install Xsan 2 on my controller… attempt to add LUN’s, no LUN’s where found to assign as video or volumes.

After some attempts to get the unit working I connected the second port of each Mac to a hub and the V-trak also and used the 2nd NIC as the primary controller traffic….Assigned 10.1.10.X to all three devices. Ideally this would be the metadata Ethernet network.

Still as I loaded up the Xsan 2 software, no LUN’s where found despite NIC card…

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Xsan 2, many times in order to get the LUN to show… no joy :-< FYI: The two partitions are visible on both Macs pre Xsan deployment...

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed