Home Forums Older Versions of Mac OS X and iOS Mac OS X Server 10.3 General Discussion Mac OS X VPN Client & Linksys BEFVP41

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ElgertS
    Participant

I have not had time to test the VPN client in Panther yet, but I wondered if the VPN client in Panther can interface with the Linksys VPN router?

Anyone tried much with VPN under Panther?

Anonymous

Hi, I’ve been trying to get this to work under Tiger.

No luck so far. Well, actually a tiny bit of luck.

I configured the router according to the step-by-step directions for setting up Equinux VPN Tracker here:

Click to access HowTo_Linksys_BEFVP41_Rev1.0.pdf

I was using the demo of Equinux VPN Tracker and was able to mount a shared SMB server on the remote subnet. When I browsed this folder, there appeared to be nothing inside, then the Finder hung. I have not been able to reestablish a connection since then, even through rebooting.

I couldn’t get Vapor Sec to connect at all. I couldn’t even get it to save the profile, it was giving me permission errors. I’ve also tried IPSecuritas without any luck.

I have not made any progress whatsoever using the built-in VPN client of OS X through internet connect. I would love to get this running without using third party software. Anybody have any luck?

My router is running firmware version 1.01.04

repro
    Participant

I myself have been trying to connect to my Linksys BEFVP41 (Firmware 1.02.00) with internet connect under Tiger with no results. Paying so much money for VPN Tracker is no solution for me. VPN Tracker does not support 3DES with the BEFVP41 according to the doumentation from equinux.

If anyone can shed some light, I think it would make a lot of us BEFVP41 users very happy.

uptimejeff
    Participant

I have several client using BEFVP41 routers with IPSecuritas 2.1
    This setup has been very reliable, more reliable than the OS X Server’s VPN service.
    According to one client, the connection is significantly faster when transferring files (AFP) over VPN using the Linksys/IpSecuritas vs Built-in VPN Server (PPTP).

If you want screen-shots of the router and IPSecuritas settings, contact me on email or iChat at jdj_at_mac.com

JJ

Anonymous

Anyone know what happened to IPSecuritas? It got to 3b6 then disappeared.

repro
    Participant

IPSecuritas is no longer available, unfortunately. It was one app that offered Mac users access to many different VPN solutions. I however would like to try it out with my BEVP41 and can’t find it anymore.

Any other alternatives to VPN Tracker?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed