Home Forums Job Board Jobs Wanted Looking for: Mac/Desktop Publishing Admin position from South Central PA.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    PERTnet
    Participant

Hello potential employers!

I am [b]very eagerly[/b] looking for new employment in the south central Pennsylvania area. I have a good deal of enterprise Mac integration experience, but my present location is a bit of a challenge. I’ve very close to the NY, Phil, Balt/DC markets, but just out of daily commuting range. I’m hoping to find an organization that has a remote office within 60 miles that I could work from daily, and then travel as needed.

I over 10 years experience integrating, managing and providing hardware and software technical support in a large enterprise magazine publishing environment. During this time I have been involved with, or directly responsible for complete life-cycle management of equipment throughout the enterprise, in offices around the country. Budgeting, research, acquisition, configuration, installation, disk imaging, troubleshooting, repair, upgrade and migration are common tasks I’m comfortable with. While the majority of this experience had been specific to the Macintosh platform; I am also familiar with Active Directory, MS Exchange, XP, W2K3 server, VPN, Help Desk, Asset Management, Pre-press production and am able to lead or assist with various IT project management activities. In addition, I am presently studying for the MCDST exam.

In addition to what I know well, I’m very open to learning broader aspects of IT that I am not currently as familiar with such as networking and server infrastructures.

I have a proven track record for being reliable, dedicated, self-motivated and I work with confidence both independently and in a team environment. I have a fairly easy going nature, get along well with all types, have a do whatever it takes attitude. ‘Fix the problem, not the blame’.

My resume follows. Please feel free to drop me a line if you potentially have a need or any other suggestions. Regards,

Darrin G. Pertschi
    Camp Hill, Pennsylvania 17011
    [email protected]

Formal Education
    La Roche College, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (1987-1991)
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Graphic Design, 3.35 GPA

Training
    – Microsoft #803, Administering Windows NT (5 day, New Horizons)
    – Access 2000 database Level 1 (2 day, New Horizons)
    – System Admin for Macintosh OS X Clients 10.3 (5 day, Apple Training)
    – Directory Services Integration & Admin (5 day, Apple Training)
    – Implementing and Supporting Windows XP Pro (5 day, New Horizons)
    – Managing MS Systems Management Server 2003 (5 day, Solartech)
    – Presently studying for the MCDST exam.

Hardware & Software

The majority of my professional experience has been managing and supporting a wide variety of desktop publishing systems hardware, software, processes and workflows. Additionally, I am functionally familiar with Windows 2000/XP, Office, Server 2003 and am presently studying for the MCDST exam.

Software proficiency includes, but is not limited to: Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Apple bundled software, Apple Remote Desktop, Cisco VPN, Cloning/imaging, Entourage, FileMaker, FlightCheck, LANrev, JAMF Casper, MS Office, Parallels, Pitstop, Portfolio, Quark XPress, Suitcase, Symantec.

Professional Experience

The Patriot News, Harrisburg, PA
    IT Analyst—October 2007 to Present
    Providing end user Help Desk support, and small project management assistance for the creative, marketing and PR staff. Typical duties include:

–Address and resolve Macintosh users hardware and software problems as reported to the centralized Help Desk.
    –Install, Add, Move, Change Macintosh hardware and software configurations as requested.
    –Assisting with the research and testing of a major advertising management system upgrade.
    –Preparing to define and lead the integration of 75 Mac workstations into AD environment.

InterMedia Outdoors, Harrisburg, PA
    Client Services Manager (IT dept.)—May 2007 to October 2007
    InterMedia Outdoors (seven offices/250 employees) is a collection of special interest magazine properties just recently sold by Primedia. I joined InterMedia two months before their operational split from Primedia. During this five month period I performed the following tasks:

–Lead the implementation and continued management of a new outsourced Help Desk
    –Initiated periodic review of random technical support cases to insure quality of service.
    –Provided all Macintosh hardware and software support (100 users).
    –Provided technical service and advice to the Pre-press departments.
    –Prepared budgetary data for annual desktop related refresh and upgrades.
    –Asset Management (hardware/software/licensing monitoring and reconciliation)
    –Assisted with the planning and execution of the domain migration.
    –Developed policies and procedures for IT purchasing, Help Desk services, end user support, hardware tech refresh, software request/installation, computing standards.
    –Coordinated the installation of Internet and phone circuits for five offices.
    –Managed wireless service and devices (cell phones, Blackberries).
    –Established and maintained vendor accounts and contracted support agreements.

Primedia Enthusiast Media, Harrisburg, PA
    Production Services Manager (IT dept.)—August 1994 to May 2007
    Primedia was one of the nations largest consumer media companies in the country, with thousands of employees, in dozens of offices across the country. I was responsible for the following, in a dozen offices, nationwide, for several hundred users:

–Macintosh desk-side and/or telephone remote troubleshooting and support.
    –Analyze, specify, order, configure, install and support Macintosh systems till end of life.
    –Assist with research, training, implementation and maintenance of pre-press system workflows: (Artwork Systems PageFlow, Pitstop, Color Central, MassTransit).
    –Assist with desktop publishing and IT budgeting of 1 million (+) capital equipment.
    –Macintosh and Windows server specification, purchase, configuration and deployment.
    –Work closely with Windows IT staff on cross-platform compatibility (desktop/server/applications).
    –Data backup, archival and disaster recovery planning.
    –Asset management (hardware/software/licensing).
    –End user application training.
    –Lead planning and migration of 700 Macs from OS 9 to OS X.
    –Advised and assisted with migration of 700 Macs into Active Directory environment.
    –Developed and maintain common Mac OS X disk image for enterprise standard distribution.

Lebanon Valley Offset, Annville, Pennsylvania
    Macintosh/Scitex Operator—March 1994 to August 1994
    Responsible for pre-flighting and pre-press preparation of customer supplied files, trapping, film output and image manipulation. I also performed Scitex Star workstation trapping and page output as needed.

Innovation Printing Graphics, Inc., Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Second Shift Supervisor—June 1991 to March 1994
    Responsible for all aspects of pre-press production to include typesetting, scanning, color proofing, troubleshooting, film output, and trapping. I also lead the installation, training and maintenance of a Scitex prepress workflow system.

Saint Margaret Memorial Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Publications Artist—July 1990 to June 1991
    Produced various in house marketing and communications material.

Personal and/or Professional references available upon request.

zanghue
    Participant

I understand what you [url=http://www.testking.net/testking-70-412.htm]Testking 70-412 dumps[/url] are saying but I think there should be more comments regarding the threat that was initially started so that the pool of thoughts is attracted. Regards.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed