Home Forums OS X Server and Client Discussion Questions and Answers Lion Server Network Accounts lose all created files after logout

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    hitcom
    Participant

Hi,

I am new to Server, I got Lion Server working on a Mac Mini and everything was alright until I added users from existing client machines. I created new Users on the Server App with the same name and passwords as on the existing client machines, logged in as root on the Server and copied the client user home folder contents from an external HD into the User home directory on the Server. After that I ran Batchmod on all the User folders on the server and everything seemed to be working alright, now the only problem is, if you create a file or folder on the desktop it is not there anymore the next time I log back in. The accounts are setup as Network Accounts, and they are available from any computer in the office, they just don’t save any settings that have been changed or any files and folders.
    I have found the “Convert a local Home into a Network Home” post to late, https://www.afp548.com/article.php?story=20050331212133607&query=migrate%2B
    does this sound like a permissions issue, and if so, can I still repair it or is it better to start fresh?

Thank you

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed