Home Forums OS X Server and Client Discussion File Serving Lion client account connecting to AFP server over port 88 instead of 548

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    davekrueger
    Participant

I am running a Lion Server 10.7.3. It is a stand alone server running AFP. Nothing fancy just a file server.
    I have recently upgraded my client machine to Lion (now 10.7.3). I did a clean install but migrated my old user home directory.
    When I try to connect to the server using my account it tries to connect to the AFP shares over port 88(Kerberos).
    I do not have port 88 open on the server so the firewall denies it a bunch of times. Eventually I get a login window and I can log in. I can see all of this in ipfw logs.
    With that said, on the same computer with a different user or newly created account it does not try to connect over port 88. It connects over port 548 like it should.

I suspect this is a preference or keychain issue. Somehow, my user account on the client side is stuck on trying to connect to afp shares over port 88 instead of port 548.

Any ideas on how to fix this? What do I delete/rebuild?

gleventhal
    Participant

what does “grep -i ‘AFPTCPPort’ /library/preferences/com.apple.AppleFileServer.plist” (remove the double quotes) show when run in the Terminal (from the affected client)? if the port is different, try changing it back or trashing the pref. I have read that the default port can be changed in this file.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed