Home Forums AFP548 Community Article Ideas Leopard and Tiger Integration

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    joelande
    Participant

Topics:
    How well does a Leopard client work in a MCX-managed Tiger-based environment?
    How well does a Tiger client work in a MCX-managed Leopard-based environment?
    home directories?
    Tiger iCal client and Leopard iCal client on a Leopard iCal server?
    iChat?
    Spotlight?

How well does a Tiger server integrate with a Leopard server?

If you are going to mix environments should the directory server be Tiger based or Leopard based?

Can you have the Tiger Server Admin tools and the Leopard Server Admin tools on the same computer?
    Does it matter if that admin computer is Leopard or Tiger based?

squirell
    Participant

[QUOTE][u]Quote by: joelande[/u][p]Topics:
    Does it matter if that admin computer is Leopard or Tiger based?
    [/p][/QUOTE]

I need answers to many of the same questions you posted, but at least I can answer this:

The admin computer must be Tiger based, the installer doesn’t even work on a 10.4 machine.

If I find more answers I’ll return and try to fill in the blanks.

GoodLuck!

ingenious7
    Participant

I am looking to answers for some of those questions as well. I am testing out my first Leopard client on my MCX-managed Tiger Server based network. I am having very mixed results at the moment. Authentication has quite a delay on it (about 30 seconds to a minute).

I can live with the slight delay at the moment. What I am really having trouble with is MCX settings. The leopard client will only use the MCX settings for the local accounts, not for network accounts. This is really frustrating and driving me crazy! We have no plans to upgrade to a Leopard server for a couple months at least, but we have another quantity of Leopard based iMacs coming for the start of next year and I desperately want this resolved.

Let’s hope somebody comes up with the answers to our questions! Maybe 10.5.1 will resolve some of these compatibility issues?

macinandy
    Participant

Hi Guys, in response to the “Can you have the Tiger Server Admin tools and the Leopard Server Admin tools on the same computer?” and “Does it matter if that admin computer is Leopard or Tiger based?”
    questions, I have a dual boot 10.5 /10.4 macbook and 10.4.10 Server.
    Booting in 10.5 I can install the 10.5 admin tools but Server Admin gives me the “server is too old to be used with this version of Server Admin” WGM works fine. Also the 10.4 tools can be dragged from another install , I put them in my documents folder, and they work fine. If you try to install them it won’t let you.
    Booting in 10.4 I can use the 10.4 tools fine but the 10.5 tools don’t work, neither trying to install them nor dragging them off another install.
    So yes it seems that it is possible to have them both on the same admin machine [u]but [/u] it looks like that machine needs to be running 10.5.
    Hope this makes sense and helps

Cheers

DominikHoffmann
    Participant

Response moved to [url=https://www.afp548.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=18886]https://www.afp548.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=18886[/url].

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed