Home Forums OS X Server and Client Discussion Mail Killed My Spam Assasin Installation

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    methnen
    Participant

I was happily using my Spam Assassin installation on my server and using the sa-learn functionality periodically for the last few weeks when I did something stupid.

I tried to run two instances of the sa-learn function at the same time. I got an error about the database not being able to be opened. So I canceled that process and let the one I had started first to finish. It seemed to finish correctly. I then ran the second one that had produced the error again and it looked at first like it was working. Since it was a large folder that was being scanned I let it run and went to sleep.

When I woke up and checked my ssh terminal the server had crashed and there was the following errors in my terminal window:

Cannot open bayes databases /directorypath/bayes_*R/W: lock failed: File exists

after this error the sa-learn funtion appears to have continued to run for awhile and then this error appeared:

Segmentation fault

The server apparently crashed a little while after this error.

After rebooting the server I attempted to run the sa-learn function one more time and got the following error:

bayes db version 0 is not able to be used, aborting! at //pathtospamassissin/DBM.pm line 160. I looked in the crash logs directory of the server and Perl had crashed earlier and apparently caused the original crash but is now running fine.

I’m thinking that the database is probably corrupted or else in some sort of locked state but I have no idea how to proceed from here.

Anyone have any ideas?

Jamie

methnen
    Participant

Figured this one out. SpamAssassin had created a lock file in my home directory informing anything that tried to access the database that I was still actively using it. Deleting that file has brought everything back to normal. Smile

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed