Home Forums OS X Server and Client Discussion Questions and Answers Kame IPSec in 10.2 and Cisco VPN: Compatible?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Admin
    Participant

[ Posting for Anthony C. Doll ]

Is the kame IPSec implementation compatible with the Cisco VPN? How do you access 10.2’s IPSec features in the client version?

[email protected]
    Participant

The short answer is, nope.

The longer answer is that my University uses the Cisco VPN to provide secure connections between the external world and the University network. In addition they use the Cisco VPN to tunnel data through wireless connections, by combining the Cisco concentrator with a Kerberos 5 deployment. It is great solution. However since moving to 10.2 client my VPN Client no longer works. I have upgraded 3.6.1 and still no luck. Though many people using 10.2 have been able to get it working. Still others, like me, have not.

The built in VPN client in OS X is not compatable with the Cisco VPN services.

jaharmi
    Participant

The Cisco VPN 3000 client version 3.6.1 is not compatible with Jaguar. Use version 3.6.2, which was released Oct 1, 2002. (At least, that’s what they told me when I submitted a TAC case, and sure enough, it was there — brand new at the time.) I haven’t tried it yet … and it still has all of the command-line oriented problems of the 3.6.x series clients.

There is a new client coming. If you are interested in it, I suggest you talk to your local Cisco representatives; you may get early access to it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed