Home Forums OS X Server and Client Discussion Active Directory Issue binding Macs to Active Directory

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rgarcia1563
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to incorporate 2 laptops to our Microsoft based domain running Windows Server 2008 Standard with Active Directory on Windows 2008 Native Mode.

I am trying to bind a MacBook Air running Lion 10.7.3 and a Macbook Pro running 10.6.8. I can verify there is communication between those systems and the domain controllers via ping, or even connecting to a server via smb:\\ server name which will ask me for domain credentials and this way I can authenticate to the domain to copy files to a file server for example, but no matter what I do, I can not bind those systems to active directory.

I have checked settings on directory utility to create mobile account, to allow domain groups, to use a preferred domain controller and I always get authentication failed. I have verified of course my credentials are correct and I test them with Windows PCs with no issue.

I even created the computer account in AD for the system I am trying to bind, and when trying to bind it detects there is a computer account in AD already with the name of the PC I am trying to bind which means there is communication of course, I click on associate with it, then I get same error I get initially “authentication failed when completing the request”

It looks to me like there is a step on the process of authentication that is not completing obviusly but I also know that every network environment is different, and one of the things I have not found is a set of requirements or best practices that my domain or servers running Windows need to have setup so this can work with no problem.

I even took the first certification called MAC Integration 10.7.2 I can not get to bind yet for the first time… I have searched forums, I called Apple support and actually the enterprise tech told me about this forum to try because he did not have answers..

Thanks so much for anyone who can help in advance..

JStimac
    Participant

Is the time on the Mac syncing with the same time server as your domain controller? If the time is off that may explain why authentication is not possible.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed