Home Forums Software InstaDMG Is it possible to turn off paranoid-mode in InstaUpToDate?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    typofonic
    Participant

Hi,

I’m just wondering if it’s possible to turn off paranoid-mode in InstaUpToDate (ignore checksums). In instaDMG it can be done by simply adding the flag “-f”, but it doesn’t work for InstaUpToDate.

Any ideas?

bw38
    Participant

Here are the flags that I found available for InstaUp2Date:

Flag/Option Information
    -h or –help Print the usage information and exit.
    -v or –version Print version information and quit.
    -p or –process As described above, runs InstaDMG after successfully setting things up, along with any of the following options
    -a FILE_PATH or –add-catalog=FILE_PATH Add the items in this catalog file to all catalog files processed. Can be called multiple times
    –instadmg-scratch-folder=FOLDER_PATH Tell InstaDMG to use FOLDER_PATH as the scratch folder
    –instadmg-output-folder=FOLDER_PATH Tell InstaDMG to place the output image in FOLDER_PATH
    –add-catalog-folder=FILE_PATH Set the folders searched for catalog files
    –set-cache-folder=FILE_PATH Set the folder used to store downloaded files
    –add-source-folder=FILE_PATH Set the folders searched for items to install
    –restore-onto-volume=VOLUME After creating the image, restore onto volume. WARNING: this will destroy all data on the volume

Doesn’t look like there is a way to turn off paranoid-mode using a flag at least. Or maybe I’m missing something obvious. I’m hoping someone else can provide a better answer.

typofonic
    Participant

[QUOTE][u]Quote by: bw38[/u][p]Here are the flags that I found available for InstaUp2Date:

Flag/Option Information
    -h or –help Print the usage information and exit.
    -v or –version Print version information and quit.
    -p or –process As described above, runs InstaDMG after successfully setting things up, along with any of the following options
    -a FILE_PATH or –add-catalog=FILE_PATH Add the items in this catalog file to all catalog files processed. Can be called multiple times
    –instadmg-scratch-folder=FOLDER_PATH Tell InstaDMG to use FOLDER_PATH as the scratch folder
    –instadmg-output-folder=FOLDER_PATH Tell InstaDMG to place the output image in FOLDER_PATH
    –add-catalog-folder=FILE_PATH Set the folders searched for catalog files
    –set-cache-folder=FILE_PATH Set the folder used to store downloaded files
    –add-source-folder=FILE_PATH Set the folders searched for items to install
    –restore-onto-volume=VOLUME After creating the image, restore onto volume. WARNING: this will destroy all data on the volume

Doesn’t look like there is a way to turn off paranoid-mode using a flag at least. Or maybe I’m missing something obvious. I’m hoping someone else can provide a better answer.[/p][/QUOTE]

Hi bw38,

Thanks for your reply! I concluded the same, that it isn’t supported in InstaUpToDate. Since it is possible to skip checksumming using InstaDMG by itself, it would make sense that it would also be possible in InstaUpToDate…

Consider this a feature request then 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed