Home Forums Software InstaDMG InstaUp2Date error

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tdfoxdale
    Participant

I’m attempting to use InstaDMG/InstaUp2Date (Rev 254) to make a 10.5 image. Doing this on a 10.5.8 machine, with Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Jun 17 2009, 20:37:34). I’m using the 10.5 vanilla catalog, called within a “master catalog” file that looks like:

[code]include-file: 10.5_vanilla.catalog
    include-file: customSoftware.catalog
    include-file: iLife09_Updates.catalog
    [/code]

I’m getting the following error while checksuming MacOSXUpdCombo10.5.8.dmg:

” File “/Volumes/LaCie_do_not_image/instadmg_from_svn/AddOns/InstaUp2Date/checksum.py”, line 162, in checksum
    httpCode = readFile.getcode()
    AttributeError: addinfourl instance has no attribute ‘getcode’

I get the same error when using checksum.py on http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL866/en_US/MacOSXUpdCombo10.5.8.dmg.

Do I need to update my version of Python?

andyboutte
    Participant

I am getting a similiar error when trying to use instaup2date. I using r266 on a 10.5.8.

[code]
    File “/Volumes/Extra/Depolyment/instadmg/InstaDMG105/AddOns/InstaUp2Date/instaUp2Date.py”, line 882, in
    main()
    File “/Volumes/Extra/Depolyment/instadmg/InstaDMG105/AddOns/InstaUp2Date/instaUp2Date.py”, line 872, in main
    thisController.parseFile(inputFilePath, topLevel=True)
    File “/Volumes/Extra/Depolyment/instadmg/InstaDMG105/AddOns/InstaUp2Date/instaUp2Date.py”, line 225, in parseFile
    thisPackage = installerPackage( simpleLineMatch.group(“prettyName”), simpleLineMatch.group(“archiveLocation”), simpleLineMatch.group(“archiveChecksum”), simpleLineMatch.group(“packageLocation”), simpleLineMatch.group(“packageChecksum”) )
    File “/Volumes/Extra/Depolyment/instadmg/InstaDMG105/AddOns/InstaUp2Date/instaUp2Date.py”, line 549, in __init__
    if self.retrieveFromArchive():
    File “/Volumes/Extra/Depolyment/instadmg/InstaDMG105/AddOns/InstaUp2Date/instaUp2Date.py”, line 732, in retrieveFromArchive
    checksumResult = checksum.checksum(self.archiveLocation, self.archiveChecksumType, returnCopy=True)
    File “/Volumes/Extra/Depolyment/instadmg/InstaDMG105/AddOns/InstaUp2Date/checksum.py”, line 162, in checksum
    httpCode = readFile.getcode()
    AttributeError: addinfourl instance has no attribute ‘getcode’
    [/code]

larkost
    Participant

[QUOTE][u]Quote by: andyboutte[/u][p]I am getting a similiar error when trying to use instaup2date. I using r266 on a 10.5.8.[/QUOTE]

I don’t think that you are on rev266. I just tested again on 10.5.8, and rev266 (the latest) works just fine. If you downloaded it with svn, then on the command line you can ‘cd’ to the InstaDMG folder and “svn update” to get to the latest version.

tdfoxdale
    Participant

Thanks, so much. Updated my svn today (Rev. 269), and all is well within 10.5.8 land.
    What an awesome solution you’ve created.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed