Home Forums Software InstaDMG InstaDMG created 10.6.6 Base OS img + CS3 + Office 2008 = Fail?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    nobrainer
    Participant

Before I throw this over the wall to Apple, I wanted to check in here first…

I created a 10.6.6 img w/ the latest and greatest patches from Apple and used that as my base for the workflow. What we’re finding is that when we deploy the systems to the users with 10.6.6 (with office and CS3 layered on top) Photoshop wont launch due to a permissions issue.

I’ve done everything from giving admin to granting ownership of the applications folder, to starting photoshop in with the Cmd+Option+Shift key… nothign will allow it to open.

I’ve started the system in Safemode and it DOES function there.

Basically the system is imaged with Office as part of the workflow… I sign in as the user, and push CS3 to it via Casper. I launch PS and then Acrobat… then Push the patches. Again I launch PS and Acrobat. Next I configure their Entourage 2008.. and after it syncs email, from that point on I can no longer launch PS.

If I reboot the system, sign in as the user, and immediately launch PS (within the first 1-3 seconds of signing in) I can launch PS… anythign after that and I get the error.

I thought it was a fluke until I ended up with about 15 people with the problem.

Ive rebuilt, swapped systems, etc and nothign seemed to fix it.

Out of desperation I went back to a 10.6.5 (InstaDMG) image followed the same workflow as above, and everything is working fine. So it looks like it’s some kind of issue with 10.6.6 – but I’m worried about Apple saying it’s not their problem, it’s adobe’s, or it’s InstaDMGs.

Can anybody think of anything I missed or how I can narrow down the culprit more?

knowmad
    Participant

I hope im not too late to help.
    You have narrowed it down already, Im just not certain you noticed it.
    From what you said so far, the issue sounds like it is (somehow) the office daemon.
    to prove it is pretty simple.
    Take a machine that WONT launch PS, run the ms quitall script, or simply quit all microsoft programs plus kill the database daemon.
    launch PS. I bet it works.
    now, how or why the MS database daemon is causing this issue, I could not begin to tell you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed