Home Forums Software InstaDMG iLifeSupport9.0.4

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mdspidle
    Participant

Anyone have luck getting iLifeSupport9.0.4 pkg to work with InstaDMG? I’ve tried on both a 10.5.8 and 10.6.3 image and it fails on both.

Info:
    10.6.3 image created using 1.6b2

I even tried making a package of the installer with LanRev InstallEase, still failed.

Ideas?

Allister Banks
    Participant

I would think that 1.6b2 means you’re using rev 266, but please verify by looking in the instadmg.bash script itself. That should be a chrooted(and therefore working) version of installer called from within instadmg.bash, Are you using the package from the URL in the vanilla catalog file? Please post the salient parts of your debug log. Thanks,

Allister

thomasb
    Participant

I think I found a solution to this. Software Update has at least stopped nagging about that iLife Support 9.0.4 update.

If you run “sudo softwareupdate -d -a”, the iLife Support 9.0.4 update is actually split up into two packages.

Have a look inside [b]/Library/Updates[/b], and you should find these two packages.

[color=Blue]iLifeMediaBrowser_215.pkg
    iLifeSlideshow_11.pkg[/color]

Put them into your InstaDMG BaseUpdates, and you should be good to go 🙂

chrisb
    Participant

I have the iLifeSupport 9.0.4 update working perfectly fine in a 10.6.3 InstaDMG implementation without altering the package.

Just for reference my iLifeSupport9.0.4 updates comes after the past iLifeSupport updates, and after the initial iLife installation, but before the individual imovie, iphoto, iweb, etc updates. Also these are in the CustomPKG folder.

vogtstev
    Participant

Hmmm. I am having the same problem. I am running 1.6b2 and it doesn’t appear to be installing. It is after my repackaged ilife09 (with previous updates), but before the individual updates like in the last post.
    I also tried grabbing the packages with softwareupdate and splitting them “thomasb” did, but instead of two packages I end up with iLifeSlideshow_11.pkg and 061-7594.English.dist.
    I thought I remember something like this in the past – like if the host system doesn’t have it installed or something.

Does anyone remember that or having similar issues?
    Thanks!

larkost
    Participant

The fix for this is not in 1.6b2, but is in the version in SVN. It is because the installer looks to the booted volume rather than the target volume, but I figured out a trick to work around this. It was put in in rev266, but 1.6b2 was rev261.

vogtstev
    Participant

Thanks! I tried the rev266 build, but ran into the same problem? I also tried 277, but had other problems with that one. Can anyone verify this worked for them under a certain rev with iLife 9.0.4 on the building machine? Would it work for me to remove the receipts on the building machine to get around this?

mdspidle
    Participant

The suggestion by thomasb worked for me.

Mark

vogtstev
    Participant

Greetings,

I was looking into thomasb’s suggestion up above and noticed when I download the iLife package I end up with the two files – a pkg and a dist. I have never used a .dist in my build train. Will this work?

Thanks,

sgstuart
    Participant

Hi all,
    I am using rev300, and I am making a 10.6.3 image. I am using the iLifeSupport904.dmg, but I have downloaded this to my machine locally, and I did this a couple of months ago. I have never had a failure on this piece as of yet.

Thanks,
    Steven Stuart

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed