Home Forums OS X Server and Client Discussion DNS I want more possibilities with DNS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    vincent
    Participant

I want to open my lan for access from the open internet n would like to be able to configure something like that:

xyz.com DNS indicating cc.xyz.com as a server at internet ip address xx.xxx.x.x which sits at the border of my LAN and the internet

Now i want my border server to act as a dns server between the internet and the LAN so as to give access to computers on the LAN which is actually not possible after reading lots and lots of DNS book

IS THE A WAY TO IMPLEMENT THIS, CAN SOMEONE OUT THERE HELP ME?

Say xx.xxx.x.x is my internet ip address and x.x.x.x a computer on my LAN
    My LAN DNS is xxx.cc.xyz.com

xxx.cc.xyz.com=x.x.x.x
    cc.xyz.com=xx.xxx.x.x

I want cc.xyz.com make the resolution of xxx.cc.xyz.com over the internet and accessible from the internet, kind of something like this xx.xxx.x.x : x.x.x.x

so as to have more than one PHYSICAL web server accessible to the internet from one single IP address

many thx

khiltd
    Participant

[QUOTE][u]Quote by: vincent[/u][p]so as to have more than one PHYSICAL web server accessible to the internet from one single IP address[/p][/QUOTE]

That would generally be referred to as a load balanced cluster, but since this was the only line of your post which I really understood, I have no idea if that’s what you’re asking for.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed