Home Forums Software InstaDMG Final Cut Pro and Instadmg

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joy
    Participant

I’m trying to create an install package for Final Cut Pro 9 and it keeps failing when trying to create the package (using Absolute InstallEase a.k.a LanRev) Reading back in the forum there were several different ways to do this, but I’m not sure if any were successful or something has changed since the posts.

I would like the serialization of it, as part of the image as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thank you

dead2sin
    Participant

I used Composer to package Final Cut Studio 3 and it worked just fine. I’ve never packaged just Final Cut Pro by itself, but I can’t imagine it would be worse then the whole FCS.

Are you packaging it using before and after snapshots or by watching changes in the file system? I can’t remember which InstallEase supports.

Joy
    Participant

InstallEase uses before and after and shows the file changes/adds.

When I tell it to create the package, it goes thru the process and the fails the operation. If I try and do it manually with Apple’s packager, I get the same results.

How does Composer do the packages?

Anthony Reimer
    Participant

[QUOTE][u]Quote by: Joy[/u][p]InstallEase uses before and after and shows the file changes/adds.…
    How does Composer do the packages?
    [/p][/QUOTE]

It can use the snapshot method (like InstallEase), it can monitor files system changes (fsevents), or, if someone has built a “diff” file for use in Composer, it can capture the files from your hard drive that are necessary for a proper installation.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed