This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 14 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

MR42HH
    Participant

Just got Panther Server today (our first server!), installed it on a G4/1000, with a RAID-1 built from two Samsung 160 GB drives (nice and easy)

The first thing I tried was setting up printers – but wait, I can’t share a Fax queue??? javascript:emoticon(‘:shock:’) Is there a workaround for this?

Regards,

Mirko 😯

MR42HH
    Participant

[quote:5316eea516=”MacTroll”]You should be able to share a fax queue, just not through the Printer Server.

Check Apple’s support site for a kbase article on sharing fax queues. Off the top of my head I think you need to edit the /etc/cups/cups.conf file to make OS X Server act more like OS X client.

Joel[/quote:5316eea516]

Wow, that was fast, Joel!
    Thanks a lot, this seems to be the right place to ask this kind of question 😉

M.

MR42HH
    Participant

[quote:4db0113a5c=”MacTroll”]You should be able to share a fax queue, just not through the Printer Server.

Check Apple’s support site for a kbase article on sharing fax queues.
    [/quote:4db0113a5c]

hmm, couldn’t find that article on Apple’s kbase…
    Googling around didn’t help either.

Maybe somebody knows more?

Anonymous

osx client kinda does it, by creating a fax on one client and sharing printers

Anonymous

[QUOTE BY= MR42HH] [quote:5316eea516=”MacTroll”]You should be able to share a fax queue, just not through the Printer Server.

Check Apple’s support site for a kbase article on sharing fax queues. Off the top of my head I think you need to edit the /etc/cups/cups.conf file to make OS X Server act more like OS X client.

M.[/QUOTE]

My searches turned up zero results.
    Do you have a pointer?

Greetings,
    Dirk

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed