Home Forums OS X Server and Client Discussion Questions and Answers entering and printing names, windows login

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant
    1. When logging in with a windows 98 computer apple computer told me I had to use the short name. When I used appleshare 6 this was not so. Is there a way around this?
    2. How can I print out a list of students, their passwords, and their short names? The export program has a lot of other data. Apple said I can’t do this.
    3. When I add new students where it makes automatic folders for them do I have to have the folders in their folders that apple chooses? Apple said I cannot change this.
    4. When I access the server remotely under admin I still cannot some of my students folders. How would I access them remotely without installing the admin. program? I would just like to have access without going to the server.
      I contacted Apple on each of this items. It would seem there must be away. It is very difficult to make up short names for 1000 students just so they can log into a windows machine. I would also like to print names and passwords for the other teachers like I did with the older system.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed